ladybug boots

Supernatural storyline:

it's been a gloomy ass fucken week wherever the hell they are at the moment maybe Oregon it rains a shit ton there or they're by the coast who knows but the weather is shit.

This results in Rory being in a rotten mood. She mopes around the house all day, that is if she bothers to leave her bed at all. She barely eats when up and about, all her energy is zapped when there isn't any sunshine. Also, she's never owned a pair of rain boots in her life and she ain't about to start now so there's always mud on some surface of the house.
There are tiny little footprints scattered around the kitchen, mud smeared on the cupboards where her feet brush when she sits at the island. There's traces of mud literally everywhere. 

Anyway, she's depressed. And in sweats. A big baby. For some reason she's been wearing her glasses, her currently gray/silver hair thrown up in the messiest of buns. There are traces of blue and purple, basically her hair reflects the weather and her feelings which are gloomy as heck.

"What's wrong with you?" Dean dares to ask as she shuffled by him in her matching pajama ensemble, a slightly exaggerated sigh leaving her pink lips. The rain drums on the roof, creating a peaceful yet haunting background noise.

"Nothing," she answers slowly, going on her toes to reach the coffee. Her fingertips barely brushed the canister on the middle shelf of the cupboard. "For fuckssake," she grumbles, getting ready to jump for it. A hand reaches over her and grabs it before she can. Dean's body is behind hers as he places the container on the counter in front of her. She lets out a breath. "I coulda done that," she turns to face him and is met with his chest.

"Sure you could, cupcake." He's smiling down at her, his hands coming to rest on the counter on either side of her, blocking her in. She rolls her eyes, pushing herself up onto the cool surface in one quick movement so that they were now at eye level. His brow quirked upwards. She was counting the freckles that littered his cheekbones. "Seriously, what's wrong?" He asked again, her gaze causing him to lean into the question.

"Nothing," her lips turned down in a pout as she took a deep breath, "Nothing," she repeated, inhaling slowly.

She loved being this close to Dean, his scent of home and soap giving a bit of warmth to the cold feeling that's been hanging on to her heart lately. It was so hard fighting the grey, she could feel it seeping into her body bit by bit. It was noticeable, too. Dean realized just how much she was wilting.

"Rory," he was cut off when she suddenly attached herself to him, arms and legs wrapping around his middle. She rests her heart on his chest, letting his warmth spread some comfort into her body.

It occurred to him that she may not like the rain, or storms for that matter; she flinched every time a crack of lightning or a boom of thunder sounded, her hold around his middle tightening.

(Spoiler alert: it's cause whenever she didn't do something demon enough Crowley would throw her in a storm pit or something? Also maybe Crowley created a giant storm after they escaped to flush them out?)

"I got something for you." they'd moved to the couch and he was holding her on his lap, her knees pulled to her chest. She turned her head to look at him, eyes widening. He was closer than she thought, their noses nearly touching. She blinked, trying her hardest not to look at his lips.

"You did?" she asked softly. He nodded, the corners of his mouth lifting. "What is it?" his hands moved to grip her hips

"I have to go get it for you." her face fell slightly at his statement, that meant he was leaving.

"I don't want it." she shook her head

"What?" he leaned in. she leaned back, tucking herself into him with her head under his chin.

"If you're gonna leave I don't want it." his chest tightened at her words, her lips pouted.

"Rory-"
"You're so warm don't go," she whispered into the collar of his shirt.

"I'll come back, cupcake."

"No, take me with you," Dean couldn't decide if he was upset or simply enamored with her.

"Alright. Close your eyes now." She does as she's told and he stands up, taking them to the closet where he'd been keeping her gift. He held her to him with one arm. "No peeking," he says under his breath, taking the boots off the shelf before making his way back to the couch. He sets the boots on the table next to them and murmurs, "okay Rory, open your eyes.." Her eyes fluttered open, gaze moving from Dean's eyes to the yellow boots decorated with flying ladybugs.

"Oh.." she breathed, a smile slowly filling her lips. The nervousness Dean felt melted away and was replaced by a warm fuzzy feeling that buzzed in his chest. Rory was buzzing with the same feeling.

"Do... Do you like them? I couldn't find any in your size. I had to look in the kid's section. If you don't, I think I still have the receipt.." He reached under her thigh to rummage through his pocket, making her suck in a breath and move her body closer to his, their mouths inches from each other. He kept rambling and all she could do was watch his lips move in a daze. She waited for him to stop talking, distracting herself with counting the freckles that littered the bridge of his nose, neatly scattered across his cheekbones. After about 15 seconds she realized that he wasn't going to stop anytime soon.

"Oh my god" she chuckles to herself, bouncing lightly on his lap. He stopped talking, eyes focused on hers, suddenly noticing how close they were. The happiness in her gaze and the smile on her lips stopped the blood pumping through his body for a moment.  "I love them." Her breath dusted his nose and the moment consumed them, surrounding them with a silence that drowned out the radio.

Rory leaned in until their lips touched as Dean's hand cupped her thigh. Their lips moved back and forth for a few seconds, a sigh escaping dean because holy shit had he been dreaming of this moment. Secretly Rory had been too, but she'd never admit it. Which is why when she realized what was happening she tensed, Dean's hands resting flat on her hips. He pulled back a bit, still smiling. He had a feeling this would happen.

"I also got you this." He said before she could bolt, reaching behind her for the DVD that he'd put on the table earlier. He'd used her favorite flannel shirt to wrap it in, not knowing where the actual wrapping paper was. Or how to properly wrap something. He held it out in front of her. Her lips went to form words but couldn't. He needed to stop all of this or she wouldn't be able to function.

"What even, dean..." she trailed off, slowly untying the knot he'd made with the sleeves of the shirt. It was her favorite flannel; but really any flannel he wore was her favorite because he looked good in literally everything, damn him.

Her entire body froze upon seeing the DVD. underneath it was a hardback copy of the book. It was white with little black paw prints over the front cover. Her eyes had widened, her mouth in an o shape. Finally, after remembering to breathe but only thanks to his thumb tracing a pattern on her hip- she shook her head ever so slightly.

"How did you know?" Her words were so soft that he found himself leaning in to hear them. A faint blush dotted his cheeks as she stared at him in wonder.

"That night we all did facemasks and ina made cocktails. You were talking about how you want to live in London and have a dalmatian just like in the movie. And then Sam told me the movie is based on a book and that you'd lost your copy..." Rory blinked at him. He'd been thinking about this for a while then. He'd listened to her drunk ramblings and actually remembered them.