no more cheese dip

Supernatural storyline:

Saturday morning, 10am. Sam was up and on his computer, notebooks strewn over the table, his hair in his face and the tip of a pencil in his mouth. Rory wrote him a note while pouring her cup of coffee, making it stick to the screen of his laptop. He jumped, shoulders hunching together as the pencil fell out of his mouth. Rory smiled into her coffee.

"Mandatory shopping trip?" he read aloud, his eyes meeting hers. He still wasn't used to her general magic, which apparently included being able to write notes from across the room. It also included being able to change her hair color whenever she wanted, which of course, wasn't terribly useful but it was fun for her. It was white blonde at the moment, a stark contrast to her dark brows.

"You're my new shopping buddy." She usually dragged Ina along but she was sleeping, something that she didn't do very often.

The older girl assumed it had something to do with Sam. He was too good. Which definitely wasn't bad, it was just a lot of work for Ina to keep up with him. It challenged her demonic side. Not to mention having the boys stay with them over the past few days (how long has it been like nearly a week now?) had severely depleted all of their supplies.

Dean literally ate everything they had. And then Sam would be hungry because Dean ate everything. And then both of the girls would starve because of dean. It was all Dean's fault. Fucker.

Sam shrugged, downing the rest of his coffee before pushing back from the counter.
"Hands up!" his hands flew up just in time to catch a notepad, a pen quickly following. "Start making a list. We need everything."

"Ok, but no more cheese sauce." he said under his breath before Rory could catch it.

"I'll get my shoes on." She was in the middle of tying her black high tops when Dean appeared in the doorway, coffee mug in hand. He was wearing plaid pajama bottoms and a white shirt.
Fucker.

"Where are you going so early?" she faced away from him, the hairs on her neck standing on end. One shoe down, one to go. She put her foot up on the chair, fingers tightening the laces. Ina never missed a chance to point out that she tied her shoes backward.

Rory was right-handed but apparently she tied her shoes like she was left-handed? Dean noticed this, his brow quirking upwards as he observed her. He took another sip of coffee.

"Shopping, because you ate the whole kitchen. Moose and I will be back in a little. Let Ina sleep for as long as possible and don't do anything stupid." she finished the shoelace, running a hand through her hair before pushing past him, her hand outstretched behind her to catch the keys that came flying past him, just missing his nose. "Later, loser pants." She called.

~

So they hit up Costco, Walmart, Target, etc. all the stores. Food and other supplies. Bathroom shit. Toilet paper is a must. Sam picks up books at each store, but Rory picks up plants at each store. And seeds. He grabs an entire collection at Costco. Rory finds at least 5 new pots for her plants. He also dragged her into a few dusty antique stores to look for books. Rory just rolls her eyes.

"another one? No more, moose!" her eyes land on the books tucked under his arms and chin. She turns the cart away from him.

"I'll carry them!" he reasons, nearly tripping over his own feet. She can't help but laugh at the urgency in his voice. The boy did love his books.

"Fine, you can have one box in the car for your books. Were you that one kid in school that just read the textbooks?" it was a joke, but the color dotting his cheeks when she looked at him again told her that yes, he was indeed/definitely that one kid.
"Are you fucking serious, moose?" she shook her head at him.