5 more minutes

Hook line and sinker (lws):

Lucas sleeps over/ vice VERSA and she wakes up and it's cold and grey and literally pouring outside. She's tucked into his chest, cocooned in his warm limbs. He's mostly sat up, eyes on the screen of his laptop which is open, and playing the anime he's currently binging. she blinks sleepily, stifling a yawn, nose dragging down his chest. A hand lands on her waist, drawing slow circles on her exposed skin. She slumps into his chest, exhaustion tingling through her body while she relishes a few more seconds with her eyes closed before a opening them and pulling back the slightest bit, a groan escaping her as she rubs her eyes. Eyes boogies, couldn't have those.

"Hi, beauty." He rumbles, his other hand pushing hair out of her face. He's surprised when she leans into his touch.

"Morning," her lips are puffy from sleeping, pulled into a frown.

"you sleep at all?" Lucas would like to think that she slept better with him in the bed but he knew that wasn't always the case. Especially with the new meds she was on. She mumbles incoherently which he took as a kind of.

"What time is it?" He ignores how breathy she sounds, fingers moving the mousepad to check the time.

"Just after 8." She pushes herself into a sitting position, swaying back and forth for a moment. He reaches to steady her but she shakes her head, the lull of the rain tugging at the sleep still left in her. Lucas pouts. "Five more minutes,"
Theo makes a face, her heart rate quickening as she looks back at him. He tilts his head to the side giving her puppy dog eyes. Those stupid pillow lips. "Pleeeease?" He reaches for her again. She runs a hand through her hair and blinks slowly at him, eventually caving and snuggling back into his chest.

At least 45 (maybe an hour) minutes later they both roll out of bed, Lucas heading for the kitchen to get coffee/tea going while Theo makes a beeline for the bathroom. After brushing her teeth and washing her face she changes and heads for the kitchen, pulling the very warm, very oversized cardigan around her.

The coffee is already brewing and she can hear the kettle from the hallway, smiling at his shirtless figure moving around the kitchen. Sometimes she wondered how she got so lucky to have Lucas in her life. Even though most of the time the line between friends and more than friends  was often blurred. Sometimes it was nowhere to be found.

She giggled at the way he jumped when he turned around and caught sight of her, his shoulders hunching as his face blanched for a second. He frowned shortly after,

"that's not funny." he mutters, whipping back around dramatically. She takes a few more steps into the kitchen and hops onto the counter, heels hitting the door of the cupboard as she kicks her feet up and down.

"it's a little funny."