noodles

Niall and Audrey except it's Harry this time:

Audrey coming to see harry at practice.

This time he forgot she was coming.

They're somewhat matching. Since it was harry, and because she was going out in general, she put a little effort into her outfit. High waisted black pants with a black long sleeve sweater shirt thingy, slightly cropped. Her pendant necklace and red boots for some flare.

Makeup was fresh faced skin and the tiniest bit of winged eyeliner with a shit ton of mascara, lips a bit pinker than usual. By the time she was done getting ready she was actually kind of exhausted, pushing through because she knew seeing harry would be worth it.

Would she take public transport? Would she drive herself? Would she call an Uber?
If she did public transpo, and maybe harry did too? Probably not though, huh... so maybe she did and it was like her challenge for the day? Something to challenge the anxiety... Plus, Harry would drive her home without a thought.

do you think it ever gets so bad at one point that she takes Milo everywhere with her? He's definitely capable and well behaved enough...I wonder if she'd get him a vest. (Please don't pet me im working also I hate you)

Anyway, no one is in the office cause they're all in the studio watching and directing as you do etc. so she walks right through, trying to remember the way to the room because she's been here before, hasn't she?

Why is everything so familiar then?

She can hear the music floating through the hallways and follows it in a daze, her chest tightening, the deja vu hitting her like a ton of bricks. A small ton of bricks, but bricks nonetheless.

There are moments in Audrey's life when she was absolutely full of doubt and this was one of them. She ended up standing behind the glass playing with her hands and just listening.

(I was going to have them hear her singing or something and bring her into the practice room? But maybe he hears her singing in the hall or the bathroom? And it's a big emotional scene? )

Oh wait
Duh
Major de ja vuh

She sings when she's nervous and walking down those halls she's definitely nervous but what's she singing? The same song? Sappy as fuck but ok

It's just like last time. There's a pause in the music and Harry can just hear her voice floating down the hall into the studio room. His heart stutters painfully in his chest and he grabs the mic stand for support. The rest of the band stop what they're doing and strain their ears, too.

There it is, the lilt slowly getting louder as Audrey makes her way down the hall to the door of the room. She stops outside of it, the doubts creeping in.

harry comes barreling out the doors stopping abruptly in front of her. He looks so good, his hair is a decent length and suits him quite well, his skin glowing in the light. His eyes are wide and his chest is moving up and down a bit too fast.

He blinks and then she's hugging him. He slowly wraps his arms around her, smiling.

"Hiya haz," her words are muffled by his black shirt.

"Hiya aud," he says into her hair giving her small frame a brief squeeze. She laughed

"Did you forget I was coming?" She expected as much. He pulled back to look at her, pinching his fingers together so she could see

"Maybe a little bit." She snuggles closer to him, hiding a smile in his chest.

"guess we're even then."

She stays for the rest of rehearsal and the two of them walk out together both bundled in their black coats. She places his cap on his loose curls before they start walking.

"You hungry? I'm famished." He rubs his hands together.

"When are you not?" She rolled her eyes and bumped his hip, drawing a laugh out of him.

"This is true. Whaddaya fancy, aud? Anything you want" The girl shrugged, about to tell him she didn't feel like anything in particular when a breeze blew past, making her shiver. He wasted no time moving in next to her. And then she thought of it, her eyes widening.

"Noodles!" She latched onto his arm, bouncing excitedly. The corners of his mouth lift.

"Noodles it is."

They end up in a cozy noodle shop. Audrey has the biggest bowl of pho Harry has ever seen and she's never looked happier. It's literally bigger than her head.

The boy still doesn't know how to hold chopsticks properly. She spends a solid two minutes giggling at his feeble attempts to get it right before she offers some assistance.

"I don't remember it being this hard." He was frowning at his fingers, glancing up at Audrey who was also holding chopsticks, only comfortably and correctly. 

"You were honestly never this bad before, either." She laughed to herself, putting hers down so she could fix his grip. His frown deepened, brow wrinkling as her significantly smaller fingers rearranged his.