cotton candy

Hayes Grier:

Pop up carnival anyone?

The Ferris wheel catches her eye from the road. She points, eyes bright as she takes in the lights.

Ok, but Hayes would stand in line just to get cotton candy for her. And let her wear his jacket cause she definitely underestimated how cold it would be. Like as soon as she got out of the car and sucked in a breath at the wind he reached for his hoodie,

"Indie," why's his voice scratchy why's he nervous???
She turns her head, catching his eye. Her brow lifts in question. "arms up," he nods, smiling as she slowly lifts her arms, shivering as the wind blows. He quickly pulls the hoodie on over her head, earning a sound of delight from her. Her face pops out and she grins at him, shimmying the hoodie the rest of the way on as it nearly swallows her whole.

There's a faint tugging in his chest as he looks at her for too long. She's started walking again, eyes wide and looking up at all the rides. The lights dance on her face and the feeling in his chest tightens.
He takes a breath, almost lost for a moment when a small hand slips into his. He glances down and finds indie gazing up at him curiously.

"You ok up there?" She squeezes his hand. He manages a nod, watching as her brows furrow and she leans into him. He brushes her hair behind her ear, a blush dotting her cheeks.

"I'm good." He rumbles, voice rippling through her and causing another round of shivers. she moves in even closer, craving the heat radiating off of him. "I'm great."

She gasps and points at the cotton candy stand and he swears he sees stars in her eyes. The line is at least 20 people long. She spots the funnel cake and immediately decides she's gonna get him a plate. She tugs on his sleeve and he glances down

"I'm gonna find a bathroom!" He nods, lips parted as she hurries away. She was gonna find a bathroom and then get that boy some funnel cake. He got in line for cotton candy. It took about 12 minutes for him to reach the front of the line.

"Can I get an extra large blue?" He'd leaned forward to ask, the man behind the stand smiling and nodding.

Indie wasn't sure if hayes liked the berries and cream on his funnel cake, she was hoping so. She could've asked Nash but she got distracted. 10 minutes later and she had one giant funnel cake covered in berries and cream. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and dialed his name.

"Where did you go?" She got goosebumps as soon as he spoke.

"Where are you?" She began to walk back

"I asked first," the boy turned in a circle, scanning the crowd for her.

"I'm gonna guess by the carousel." His eyes widened as he realized that he was in fact standing next to the carousel. A few more seconds and he saw her walking towards him, the hoodie swamping her. When she was close enough she held the plate out to him. "Trade ya."

"Omyfuckinggod, how did you know?" He quickly took the plate from her, handing the cotton candy over. She shrugged, already sticking a wisp of sugar into her mouth.

"Wild guess." He noticed her shivering and held his hand out

"Cmon, let's go eat in the car." Her eyes sparkled as she took his hand.