check the cupboards

Hook line and sinker storyline (lws):

Binge-watching tv shows on her days off.

Lucas always lets her know when a new Rick and Morty episode comes out and she's on his couch ASAP. His couch is comfier than hers and that's it, ok?

He texted her while she was driving home from seeing nebula. She'd given her a haircut and then they'd gone swimming. She knew she needed a shower because she could smell the river on her and that wasn't cute. Not that she wanted to be cute for Lucas she just didn't want to feel like she had dirt all over her. Yeah, that was it.

And nebula had put lipstick and winged eyeliner on her, just for fun. But Theo tended to forget she had makeup on as soon as it was on her face.

She's got a change of clothes with her as it happened. She walked through the door and sidestepped past his open arms, missing the surprised look on his face at her colored lips.

"I'm gonna rinse off, got river all over me." She disappears into the bathroom with her bag of clothes, phone, and keys left on the counter. Lucas couldn't count the number of times he wished he'd been born with a photographic memory since he'd met theo. It was an extremely selfish thought, he was well aware. It was purely so he could remember moments like these, to have snapshots of the two seconds he got to see of her with makeup on before she got in the shower.

If he really listened he could just barely hear her singing over the sound of the water running. It sounded like a familiar song, one she didn't know all of yet because he could make out her mumbled sentences and it made him smile. She emerges from the steamed-up bathroom 10 minutes later dressed in a cropped white camisole top and Nike sweatpants. Wow, her curves were undeniable.

"Who gave you a haircut?" He wondered, coming closer to her. His feet wouldn't stop moving. She ran her fingers through her newly cut hair, a short bob.

"Neb did. Do you like it? I love it." She snatched her phone from the counter, laughing. "This is what it looked like right before she cut it." She turned, only to find his chest. The boy looked down at the screen, then to her hair, cracking a smile.

"That's bad, Theo." She smacked him,

"I know! It's so bad!" Her eyes scanned the kitchen behind him, landing on the fridge. As if on cue, her stomach growled.

"Hungry, as usual." His smirk widened as he inched forward, watching her cheeks flush the tiniest bit. Why did she smell so good?
"I have those noodles you like." Her eyes narrowed and she grabbed his shirt. That was not the reaction he was expecting.

"Don't lie to me, Smithie." He held his hands up,

"Check the cupboards!"

"You check the cupboards!" She nearly shoved him as he laughed and backed away, opening the cupboard and pulling out a noodle bowl. She crossed her arms over her chest. "This is a trap."

"I'll make it for you." He raised a brow and she groaned.

"but you never make it right." Lucas held a hand to his chest.

"That's fucking offensive, Theo. I'd like an apology right now."

"Make me, Lucas." Oop the sexual tension skyrockets and her cheeks flame- unintentionally this time, eyes meeting his as she raises a brow to challenge him.

He took his time setting the bowl on the counter before jumping to make a break for her. She was already backing up, eyes widening as she sucked in a breath, starting to run. Her plan was simple: don't get caught. Her execution needed work, her socked feet sliding everywhere, bumping into almost everything.

What if! She stopped around a corner, waiting for him in a crouched position. As soon as he was in reach she launched herself onto the wood floor, sliding right between his legs, giggling. Lucas was so surprised he smacked into the door of the linen closet. She somehow slid all the way into the kitchen, coming to a halt in front of the island. The boy stalked after her, rubbing his cheek where the corner of the door had hit.

"I can't believe that worked. You know I saw that in a movie?" She looked over at him, trying not to smile and failing miserably. He pouted at her, leaning into his step and sliding on the floor. She sticks her hand out so he won't bowl her over, grasping at his shirt to make him stop. He cupped her elbow, the other hand hovering over her stomach. Her shoulders lifted in a shrug. "Won't apologize if it's the truth." He pouted.

"Fine, I suck at making noodle bowls." she rolled her eyes and shoved him.