get your own

Shawn Mendes storyline:

Going to the hardware store for some reason? And Shawn and Connor tagged along for some reason? further encouraging Sophie's goofy tendencies. They'd all woken up at the ass crack of dawn because they needed to rent a truck. As a result, they went to breakfast where they all drank two cups of coffee. Nick may have had 3. He was busy paying the bill when Sophie spotted the bowl of sweets.

"Can you hold this?" Her voice is hushed and Shawn can tell she's smiling. He spares her a glance, opening his hand for her. She pulled it down to her height and proceeded to place at least 6, maybe more? taffies into his hand. His eyes widened. She giggled.

"Are you gonna share?" He murmured, moving his hand slightly out of her reach. She stuck her tongue out at him, eyes bright. Connor looked over and started nodding excitedly, mouthing me too, me too. Sophie shook her head,

"Get your own, noodle!" The boy's face fell before morphing into a look of pure annoyance as he let his camera fall against his chest before stalking over, bumping Sophie out of the way with his hip so he could indeed stick his own hand in the bowl of taffy. She let out a breath and stumbled into Shawn, fingers catching his shirt as she steadied herself against him. His feather-light touch ghosted over her waist for a moment, eyes fixed on her lips as they parted in surprise, cheeks tinting pink.

A project while home idk but it's funny cause Sophie is so tiny compared to everything in the store. She's in a good mood, a little bored if anything but she's dancing to whatever song is playing and looks super cute with her gloves hanging out of her back pocket.
A bathroom is needed upon arrival at the hardware store. Shawn can hear Sophie singing from the men's room.

Nick is focused on the list of supplies they need, mumbling to himself and moving from aisle to aisle. He keeps taking his glasses out of his shirt pocket and shoving them onto his face, only to rip them off all but 30 seconds later.

Sophie is touching everything. Anything she can get her hands on. She'll grab something and throw it a few times just to catch it (Shawn is impressed and kinda turned on) and then she'll turn around and toss it at whoever is behind her. Connor sucks at catching things but only because his camera is always in one hand. The clattering earns him more than a few disapproving looks. Sophie laughs at him.

They lose her in the rugs. All you can hear is her constant giggle getting closer or farther away. Sometimes you can see her feet, hear them shuffling away. Two seconds later she's sitting at a desk with her feet up or making faces through a window or walking through the doors on display.

This is what Shawn loves about hanging out with Sophie: he's never on his phone unless he needs to be. 99.9% of the time she's got his full attention. Usually without even trying.