bed head

Hook line and sinker (lws):

Messy French braids. Purple hair. Long, tangled lashes and puffy lips from sleeping in bc her alarms didn't go off and she forgot she was supposed to meet Lucas.

He shows up with her favorite chai latte, those blue ass eyes, and his stupid smile.

She rolls out of bed when she hears the door, stumbling through the hall to unlock it. She's met with his chest, eyes widening as she realizes how high the sun is above his head.

"Ah, fuck," she groaned, rubbing her eyes and leaning against the door frame. "What time is it?" instead of answering her question he placed the drink in her hands.

"I told Rita to add three shots because I knew you weren't up yet." her eyes fluttered closed at how warm the cup felt against her fingers. Lucas took that time to take in her bed head.

It was painfully evident which side she favored when sleeping because the right braid was significantly looser than the other, whisps untucking themselves to frame her face. He wanted to tuck them behind her ear. He wanted to kiss her.
He always wanted to kiss her?

"Your hair is cute." it slipped out, but how could he not tell her? he took a sip of his own coffee. "You gonna let me in?"

The heat in her hand suddenly made her body realize how cold the rest of her was, goosebumps appearing on her tan skin. She pulled him inside, teeth already starting to chatter. Her feet smacked against the cold floor as she hurried into the kitchen to set her drink on the counter, sprinting to her room to find something warm.

Lucas sat himself at the countertop and waited for her to reappear. After pulling on a pair of thick socks and grabbing a cardigan, though she couldn't find her slippers.

"They're in the kitchen!" he called, taking another sip of his coffee. She grumbled to herself on the way back out, careful not to slip on the tile.

How did he always know?

She stepped into them, grabbing her drink off the counter and bringing it with her to the cupboard. What was her favorite mug doing all the way on the top shelf?

"Benjamin," she growled, getting ready to scale the counter to reach it. Lucas quickly came to the rescue, not wanting to deal with the fact that she still wasn't wearing any pants.

"Here, beauty." his breath tickled her ear as he set the mug in front of her. She turned so she was facing him, tugging the strings of his hoodie.

"Thank you," she ducks under his arm and gets to work putting her drink in the mug to heat up.

He licks his lips.

Why's she so cute?