tone it down

Hooke line n sinker story (lws):

Theo had made plans with the boys for Friday.

She was working on a super important proposal all week and had been absolutely stressed out of her mind and everyone could tell. Lucas knew because she would work in her home office, taking breaks every hour or so to pace back and forth between the kitchen (room with a giant window) and the office. Sometimes she'd take dance breaks, blasting music and singing into a spoon. And she'd worn lipstick all week, which meant she was definitely working on something important because she only wore lipstick when she wanted to get shit done.

Besides Lucas being a creep and watching her from his house, no one had heard from her all week. Or if they had it was a one-word text. Well, besides Levi.

Ben shows up at the previously discussed time, dragging the blond over to her door and knocking too loud and for too long. She'd been on the phone for a few minutes already, talking in a loud, foreign language. They hear her as she opens the door.

Working from home meant more video meetings than she could count which meant she actually had to get dressed for them. Nothing too fancy, as most of them were with her father and brother, though, it could include a surprise exec here and there. And since she could never be sure she had to cover all her bases: clean/hydrated skin, lipstick, and mascara, if not some liner and light shadow.

Outfit wise she strived for business casual, usually cheating with jeans. A fancy, abstract pair of earrings easily distracted from the minor discrepancy. Also cute shoes, those completed the vibe.

Lucas took in her whole outfit head to toe: baby blue vans, light wash high waisted jeans, a high neck grey crop top, with wire flower earrings dangling from her ears. She looked great.

Her brows rose at the sight of the two of them, her speech slowing for only a moment as she turned, waving them inside.

The house is an understandable mess, tools are strewn about, tarps and papers covering most surfaces. She's back to pacing in the kitchen, her laptop open on the surprisingly clear counter. Lucas noticed there were hardly any dishes in the sink, which meant she hadn't been eating. He noticed the blender next, which meant she was at least drinking smoothies. Quick and easy. Also numerous cups of tea littering even the already messy surfaces.

Ben is distracted and touching things he's not supposed to which results in Theo snapping her fingers at him from across the room, shaking her head. Lucas grabs the electric saw from him, hitting the older boy upside the head. After a few more minutes of Theo speaking what Lucas guessed to be mandarin? She let out a long breath before looking at the boys in her kitchen.

"You forgot?" Ben guessed. He wasn't wrong, but she wasn't going to admit that.

Yet.

"I didn't forget, I just..." her eyes landed on the boy's swim trunks and flip flops. Her face fell. Lucas smirked.

"You forgot." He repeated. She pinched the bridge of her nose for a moment before folding her arms over her chest, meeting his smug gaze.

"You can leave." He leaned back against the counter, cocking an eyebrow. She threw her hands up. "Alright, yeah- I forgot." Ben was looking through her email, noticing that she'd just sent the finished proposal to her brother and father.

"But it looks like you finished the proposal and your last phone call." He read off the screen, shrugging. "so you can still come with us." An unidentifiable noise came out of her mouth as she spun around,

"Benjamin Gerrans do not go through my shit." she shoved him out of the way, closing her laptop. All he did was laugh. she sighed again, shoulders sagging as she looked out the window at the gloom. "I'll come with you. But I need actual food, caffeine, and I gotta," she gestured to her face, referring to the makeup that was on it. Hardly any, in reality, but it still felt like a lot to her. "Fix this."

Both boys immediately shook their heads and Theo's brows furrowed.

"Nothing wrong with that, teddy." Ben stated before Lucas could, though, he would've sounded even more like an idiot, no doubt.

"Where are we going?" She nodded slightly and ignored his statement, cheeks warm. Lucas shook his head,

"it's a surprise." Theo rolled her eyes and headed for her room, laptop in hand. A few moments later she emerged in a swimsuit, pulling her dress over her head.

"Oh, I think I invited Levy?" Lucas noticeably stiffened against the counter while Ben smiled.

"I love that guy, he's so cool." Theo wiped her lips with a makeup wipe.

Speak of the devil... Levi walked through the door.

"How's it going?" He smiles, setting a bag of food on the counter. He pointed at Theo. "You're taking your lipstick off, you finished the proposal?" She pointed back, nodding.

"For now, yes." he ran to her, picking her up and spinning her around as she began to giggle.

"That means you can take the weekend off." he saw that her face had changed and slowed to a stop, feet still inches above the floor. "You said when you finished the proposal you'd take at least three days off. I have the screenshots to prove it." she scowled, hitting his arm.

"You're a rat bastard!" Lucas blew out a breath and turned away from them, trying to calm the jealousy that was now burning in his chest.

She sits in the back of the car with levy. They're talking amongst themselves, Theo smiling and swatting his hands away while Ben is driving with Lucas in the front holding his phone in a death grip, glaring at them in the rearview mirror every few minutes.

It's actually freaking Ben out, like a lot. He's never seen Lucas this jealous.

"Dude," he mumbles, smacking his friend in the side while they're stopped at a light. Lucas takes his eyes off of Theo to glare at Ben.

"What?" he ground out.

"you gotta tone it down. Like way down." the blonde's brows furrowed before his mouth formed a small o, cheeks darkening as he hung his head.

"Shit," Lucas breathed.

"you're freaking me out" Ben whispers, smacking him again before taking his foot off the break as the light turns green. "Seriously, tone it down."