lifesaver

Hook line and sinker (lws):

Lucas going to a wEDDING.

His sister's wedding, but who knows if he'd ask Theo to go. He's been talking about her nonstop so it's only natural that his family thinks she's his plus one. Daisy's been bugging him about it. His dad, too. He just keeps putting it off because once he actually thinks about it everything kind of falls apart? What if they're not ready for that? For something so...intimate.

He probably meant to the whole week and had been chickening out. She knows him well enough to wait it out and had been giving him the same look all week, which is partly what throws him off so much. like she knows he wants to ask her something. She really wasn't sure what had been on his mind, enough to make him so nervous around her.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" He asks on Thursday afternoon. She's shoving things into her bag, spinning every which way in the process.

"I have a dress fitting downtown," she glanced at her watch, missing the way he choked on his sip of smoothie. "That I'm gonna be late for." He's too confused to answer, wiping his mouth and staring at her. She spins in a circle again, looking for her sunglasses. He plucks them off the side table and holds them out to her. "Ah, lifesaver." She takes them from him, inhaling rather sharply when he backs her into the counter.

"Dress for what?" She raised a brow, hands flat against his chest, ready to shove. He was testing the waters on multiple fronts and she wasn't sure if she wanted to answer him right out.

"Leo wants me in one of his new designs, for some unknown reason." She nibbled her lip, still confused as to why her friend would want her to wear his new design but she adored him and would do anything for him. Plus, he was a family friend. It was a win for everyone. Lucas relaxed a bit, relieved she didn't know about the wedding after all.

"Probably because you're gorgeous." He was thinking about kissing her when she beat him to it, rolling her eyes.

"right." She went on her toes, quickly pecking his cheek. Well, she was aiming for it but he was always taller than she thought so it landed on his jaw. She ducked under his arm before she could overthink it. "Later loserpants." he stared after her, cheeks pink. 

She ended up walking downtown after catching the bus.

Twenty minutes after she leaves he texts:

L: do you need a ride after your fitting?

T: Oh, guess I do.

L: I'll come get you yeah?

T: Kk, [address here].
T: I think we're nearly finished, thank god.

T: See ya in a bit.

Ok, but Lucas gets there and she doesn't come out right away so he goes in and they take him into the fitting room and Theo is arguing with Leo and they turn and see Lucas who stops breathing. She's so beautiful.

"Leo, why the hell would you put three fucking zippers on this- you're early." Theo is holding her hair away from her neck, on her tiptoes so she won't step on the dress itself. Her friend is much too smug as he nudges her.

"i was going to demand his opinion but i think his face says it all." All Lucas can do is try and nod, eyes glued to her figure, his mouth dry.

Another 20 minutes and Leo finally let's her leave the store. Her hair is falling out of a bun and she bites back a smile when Lucas opens the car door for her. For the second time that day she beats him to the punch, clicking her seatbelt and turning towards him, brow raised.