honest mistake

Hayes/Indie storyline:

Mmmm grey cold mornings with this guy uh she stayed over on accident cause they were watching a movie and she straight up fell the fuck asleep
Like she had a migraine but she didn't wanna go home after work she wanted to see him you know and she took her meds and then they were watching a movie and she just fell asleep against his chest an hONEST MISTAKE REALLY

She couldn't seem to get rid of the pain. Even with all her meds. And thinking of going home made her stomach sink. She unlocked her phone, buckling her seatbelt with the other hand.

I- you home?
H- yes ma'am
H- what's up?
I- can I come over?
H- yes ma'am

She scolded herself for smiling at his reply. Dumbass.

H- u ok?
I- yeah
I- see you in a bit?
H- :)

She wasn't ok, though. She'd taken her meds already and put some of her migraine sticks on, her temples already tingling. Her hair was still damp from her shower after the pool, her skin soft with chamomile lotion. She didn't have energy to sing in the car, the music playing softly instead of blasting like usual.

The boy was actually watching for her in the window, ready to come greet her when she's finished locking the car. He's standing at the bottom of the steps, hands in his sweatpants pockets. His hair looked cute and messy, lips already pulled into a smile for her. A blush dotted her cheeks as she walked into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her, breathing in her clean scent. He was about to ask if she was ok again when he smelled the mint near her temples.

"Migraine?" He asked softly. She nodded silently, pushing her head further into his chest, her grip around his middle tightening for a moment before she pulled back. "Cmon, sunshine. I'll make you some tea." He took her hand and led her inside.

He'll give her a sweatshirt, too. Maybe some socks. She's so cold. The tea helps, though. He'd bought a box of her favorite after the couple times she'd been over.

What movie do they watch? Or maybe they're catching up on big mouth or something but she's out within the first 20 minutes. He's fine with that. He likes watching her sleep, counting the freckles on her face.

She was really knocked out, too, because she didn't even wake up when he carried her to bed. He finished up some work emails on his computer before getting ready for bed.

The dogs curled up next to her, leaving him just enough room to fit in. The last thought in his head before he drifted off was that he wouldn't mind his days ending like this for the rest of his life.

Ok, that sounded a bit dramatic. But then he wakes up and she's next to him, kado curled up in her arms and he can't help thinking he could get used to it. All of it.

All of her.