a good excuse

Hook line and sinker storyline:

Lucas decides he wants a haircut and where does he go for one? He was about to schedule one at the stylist but then he remembered that Theo could cut hair. She's been doing Levi's since she'd come back.

HOLD UP: he is about to schedule one at the shop but then he remembers that theo does hair and that he hasn't seen her since they kissed (in January???) because she's been gone on various business trips etc. she's still been talking to him so he doesn't feel totally awful. He figures it's the perfect excuse to see her.

He facetimes her before he can lose all his nerve. She picks up on what seems like the last ring, glasses propped on her nose, finger in her mouth as she glanced at him before fixing her eyes back on what he guessed was the main screen of the desktop in her office. His brows furrowed, she looked focused.

"You got a minute, beauty?" She blinked and sat up straight, typing something before making direct eye contact with him. His gut clenched.

"For you? Yes." He noticed that her hair was a new dark shade of purple that glowed in the light. It was tied in a low bun, strands falling into her face and over her eyes. She sat back in her chair, smirk tugging the corners of her mouth. "This is the part where you tell me why you need a minute, Lucas." He sucked in a breath and blinked at her slowly before clearing his throat.

"I need a haircut." Theo tilted her head.

"Need or want?" The boy shrugged,

"both."

"I do need a good excuse to leave early." Lucas gasped,

"theo berk leaving the office early and using me as an excuse?" She rolled her eyes. Lucas couldn't hide his grin. She ignored him completely.

"I'll be home in 20." It was actually less than that because she stepped into her brothers office, rushed through the excuse and then left without even trying to hear his response. He didn't mind at all- he knew she worked too hard.

Lucas was waiting in the kitchen when she got home. He'd gotten a few things out like a towel and her hair kit, laying it all out neatly on the counter. She lets out a big breath after she closes the front door, setting her bag down and slipping her heels off. She hadn't even been in the office for 4 hours and it felt like a full day. She walks into the kitchen and lets out another breath at the sight of him hunched over the counter, curls past his shoulders as he taps away on his phone.

"Is that smoothie for me?" She makes a beeline for it before he swipes it away from her, pointing to the fridge.

"Yours is in the freezer, beauty." She pauses for a half a second, staring at him in awe. How does he always kNOW? After sipping her smoothie for a solid thirty seconds she finds herself turning in a circle a few times trying to decide what she wanted to do first.

Lucas was secretly recording her the whole time. She was oblivious.

There wasn't much in the fridge, a couple containers of leftovers and fruit. She sighed.

"I already ordered food. Should be here in 20 minutes." Her brows furrowed in both surprise and frustration. Sometimes, and it was becoming all the time- he was just too perfect. She wanted to yell.

The tag of her skirt had been digging into her hip all day and as she closed the fridge she reached for the side zipper, pulling and with the [].

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, walking over to the boy at the counter.

"Lucas can you-?"

"Cmere." He reaches for her when she's close enough, both hands working on the zipper. He struggles for a moment before it goes down with a lurch, the boy steadying her as she sways forward into him. They both have to remember to breathe.

"I'm gonna change," her voice is soft, eyes wide as she glanced up at him, hastily taking a step back and heading for her room. He opens his mouth to say something, though he clearly hasn't thought that far ahead.

She leans against the door after it's closed, trying to pull herself together. Had she been dreaming about his stupid pink pillow lips? Yeah, a little bit.

Fuck.

Lucas is pulling at his hair in frustration. Did he just ruin another moment? Did she want to kiss him as badly as he wanted to kiss her? The doorbell rang and he got up to get the food