even better

Supernatural storyline:

"You know you have terrible taste in ties, right? Just awful." Dean glared at Rory, his hands coming up to finger the striped tie against his chest. He thought it looked ok... she was chewing on her lip, eyes raking him up and down. The boys were about to go investigate a new demon lead, their cover story is that they were FBI agents. Old news if she did say so herself. And she did.
Ina entered the room with their badges in one hand and scissors in the other, her kimono flowing behind her. Sometimes Rory swore if she didn't know any better she'd think her sister was a goddess of some kind.

"All fixed, boys." Ina handed each of them a badge.

"Wow," the younger brother chuckled. "These look so good." he opened it to take a look. While both of them were distracted Rory slipped the scissors out of her sister's hands with a raise of her eyebrows, snipping off dean's tie at the collar before catching both the fabric and the utensil behind her back.

"They were tolerable before but you missed the watermark," Ina said dismissively while giving Rory the side-eye, brows raised. Sam's arm shot out to catch Dean in the stomach.

"I told you it was the watermark!"

"Shut up, Sammy." Dean's glare turned into a scowl as he rubbed the spot where his brother hit him. Rory smothered a laugh and his eyes met hers, narrowing. She shrugged distractedly, the tie's fabric was softer than she thought it would be.

"Alright, get out of here. Go do all that agent stuff somewhere else." Ina shooed them out the door, a grin threatening to split her face once the door was closed tight behind them. She turned to face Rory.

"That tie does suck. How long you think before he notices?"

It actually took a solid 5 minutes for him to notice. They were in the car already, the engine turning over before Dean went to finger the material that was no longer around his neck.

"What the shit," he felt for it around his collar and came up with 1⁄3 of a tie. "Rory," he muttered angrily, shoving the car door open to go charging back into the warehouse.

She was pulling a sweater over her head when he burst through the door, his cheeks flushed.

"Goddammit Rory what the actual fuck." He said in one breath, hands resting on his hips as he tried to stare her down. She did love a good challenge.

"You have terrible taste."

"So you cut it off!?" She shrugged, the sweater obviously too big for her. It looked like it was swallowing her whole. Dean rubbed his temples, trying to get his breathing under control.

"would you relax?" She walked up to him having every intention of fixing the situation.

"Rory, how—" he had to tilt his head down to look at her, his brows pulled together. Her small hands came up to the collar of his shirt, reaching for the rest of the tie, the fabric attaching and reforming into a significantly better looking one (something blue? Just cool, idk. Cool and better something with triangles dood).
She was on her toes now and having trouble balancing. His hands landed flat against her waist and he noticed her slight intake of breath at the touch, lip pulled between her teeth.

"See? All better. Even better." Her hands came to rest on his shoulders, mostly because she was using them to prop herself up. the material of his shirt was so soft she found herself smoothing it out again and again. Dean let out a breath that fanned over Rory's face, making goosebumps appear on her skin. Her eyes fell to his mouth as she let out a sigh; It was a hopeful sigh. 

"You and your general magic," he was trying to sound annoyed but failed when a smile slipped out.

"You and your.. stupidly soft shirt." Rory hated that her voice was giving her away, eyes tracing his face, her pulse stuttering as her hands started to shake on his shoulders. Dean readjusted his hold on her hips and Rory seemed to finally accept the moment, hands beginning to slide down the soft barrier between his bare chest and her fingertips.

She was almost too focused as they both watched her hands slowly moving down his chest, stopping on his abdomen.
Dean was the one out of breath now, Rory's hands leaving what felt like a trail of fire on his skin, even through the material of the shirt. He took one of his hands off of her hip and lay it over her own, slipping his fingers under her palm. At the same moment, Rory looked up to his face, that same face that she wanted to punch a good 95% of the time. Now it looked inviting in a whole new way, the kind of way she only let herself think about late at night...

"BEEP. BEEEEEEP. BEEP. BEEP." she would have jumped at the noise but Dean's hands anchored her where she stood. the boy suppressed a groan, his face falling into the crook of her neck. He let out a long, labored breath, his nose nuzzling just under her jaw. Rory froze at the contact, slowly letting the heat of his breath consume her. She dipped her head down to meet him, nose grazing his cheekbone. Another long honk from outside pulled a smile from her lips as her senses finally returned so she could push him back. His fingers dug into her hips and her smile turned into a sharp inhale. Dean's mouth was torn between a smirk and a fond look. HEART EYES heart eYES

"I will punch you." she managed, squirming out of his hold. "Get outta here, and don't fuck up that tie." she pointed, her usual cautious demeanor returning as she backed away, desperate to put space between them. Now he was smirking.

"Later, cupcake."