even prettier

Hook line and sinker story (lws):

They're out running errands together; a quick stop at Asia mart. his lips are chapped? And he's been noticing it more bc she pointed it out that one time and now he's self conscious af so

he tugs on the strap of her purse to get her attention, leaning in when she faces him, brows furrowed.

"Do you have any lip balm?" and all she has is her pink baby lips so she shrugs and hands it over, only smiling a little when he looks back and forth between her and the bright pink tube, hesitantly taking it.

He's seen her put it on, sure. But he was paying way more attention to her lips than to the product. He can't get over how good it smells with the faintest hint of vanilla. She giggled softly at the look of concentration on his face as he slid the top off, sniffing it before twisting and holding it to his lips. It went on smoothly enough, he pressed his lips together to spread it evenly.

Theo giggles again.

"What?" He blew a breath out.

"You're even prettier now." She shook her head before turning back around, stepping up to the counter to put their items on the belt.

Lucas found himself flushing as he glanced down, stepping forward and quickly taking his phone out to open his front facing camera. His eyes widened and he couldn't help but touch his lips. They were so pink.

Theo is having a friendly chat with the cashier in what he guesses to be mandarin or Cantonese (he was still learning to tell the difference), smiling to herself at the boy's moment of innocence. She loses focus completely when the lady tells her you're right he is even prettier.

They laugh together. Lucas slips his card in the machine without her noticing, punching in his pin and hitting the green button right as the woman behind the counter says the total. Twenty something dollars. Theo sticks her hand in her purse to grab her wallet. The girl holds up the receipt and Lucas smiles, plucking it out of her hand with a thank you while taking the bag in his other. He nudges Theo, giving her the receipt. Her eyes go wide before her lips struggle between a frown or a smile. She sputters and waves to the cashier.

"You're a sneaky bastard." She settles into her seat, happily taking the bag when he places it in her lap. He shrugs before reaching over her to buckle her in.

"Whatever you say, beauty." She rolls her eyes, faint dots of color on her cheeks. She distracts herself by ripping open a packet of spicy rice crackers, immediately shoving a whole handful into her mouth.

They were her favorite snack. Well, one of them. She was off dairy at the moment so she couldn't have the strawberry milk candy; that was her regular go to. She'd picked up a few other things, mostly for other people: a wide variety of her father's favorite sweets, a couple of charms for Winnie, the specialty brand of seaweed that El could eat, and that weird cheese flavored ice cream that Nate had an unhealthy obsession with. Oh, maybe a plant or two.

Or four.

She'd never seen them before! She got excited. Lucas thought it was the cutest thing and actually recorded her talking ridiculously fast about each of them. Just spouting facts.

He sent it to the group chat:

L- so if anyone is wondering how her day is so far...

Levi replies immediately with: good god I haven't heard her talk that fast in ages.

Heuy hearts the video, josh soon following suit and asking: bRO how tf are u still standing she's the fucking cutest.

heuy: her eyes are literally sparkling 🥰