roses

Avengers storyline:

"Alright, what the hell did you do?" Steve put his sandwich down, chewing and raising a brow in Rina's direction. She raised one back, gesturing to herself.

"What? You saying I look bad?"

"He's saying you look like you went through a paper shredder." Tony supplied, taking a sip of his coffee.

It wasn't a lie.

She had cuts and scrapes on both of her arms, a few on her face and all over her legs. Not to mention the smudges of dirt everywhere. She needed to get cleaned up.

"Wash your hands." Clint brushed past her, nudging her towards the sink. Her eyes sparked blue, a orb of water appearing in front of her. she shoved her hands into it and it began to swirl, adding soap with a flick of her wrist and blowing the hair out of her face.

Bucky hadn't looked up from reading the paper, but he hadn't turned the page yet, either. In fact, he was looking at her over the top of it and being very subtle about it. Tony opened his mouth to tease her again when the orb was suddenly above his head, dirt and all.

"Go on, make my day." She leaned against the counter, lazy smirk on her lips.

"Are you-" Steve peered at the welts on her skin. Having him so close to her broke her focus for a moment and some water splashed on Tony's head.

"Watch it, blue!" She rolled her eyes and the orb settled in the sink.

"allergic to roses?" She moved away from Cap, itching a spot on her arm and nodding. "Apparently, yeah."

"Banner!" Tony spoke into his wrist. "Come fix blue."

"She needs fixing?" Bruce sounded confused. Tony switched the video on, lining the girl up in the frame.

"She's allergic to roses and from the looks of it they may have won this round." Rina flipped Tony off, huffing and taking a seat next to Bucky who had finally managed to turn the page.

Ah, yes. Sports. He was reading the same sentence over and over, not able to concentrate with her thigh nearly touching his.

"Yes, please make me feel less human than I already do." Rina rolled her eyes before leaning into Bucky, peering at the newspaper in his hands. "Sports, eh?"

Bucky blinked and struggled to inhale properly. Not only was her thigh touching his but her entire side was pressed into him now. His brain was all static. He thought he nodded but he wasn't sure, and he couldn't to meet her eyes.