a long time ago

Niall and Audrey storyline:

On the rare occasion that Audrey takes off her watch one might take notice of the tiny tattoo on the inside of her wrist. A triangle. Barely the size of a dime in black ink.

The first time he saw it the boy nearly dropped his mug of tea. She was fresh out of the shower, her watch on the table while she put lotion on. She was in the middle of putting her shirt on when Niall had stopped in the doorway to watch her. She could feel his eyes on her.

"Is that...ink?"

"What? Where?" She pulled the rest of the soft material over her face before brushing the hair out of her eyes and looking around.

"Your wrist, aud. Is that a tattoo?" Her cheeks colored immediately and her hand went to cover it up.

"Um..." she mumbled, looking anywhere but him. Niall set his cup of tea down on the dresser, taking two steps and landing in front of her.

"Why are you embarrassed, petal?" Not that he wasn't enjoying watching her cheeks go absolutely pink- and they did go a shade darker at his favorite pet name. He reached for her hand, gently removing her fingers from her wrist so that he could get a proper look at the tiny inked shape. the lines were even and the corners crisp, making a perfect little triangle that pointed down.

The thin white lines beside it also caught his eye, and he could tell they were scars. He felt a tug in his chest. They were small, yet deep enough to be raised. His brows furrowed and she knew he'd seen them. She pulled out of his grasp and he let her.

"Aud..." he trailed off as she shook her head.

"It was a long time ago, Niall." Would he hate the rest of the scars on her body as much as she did? she stood in front of him in a T-shirt and underwear, goosebumps on her bare skin. he's gotten in full range of smelling her perfume, or maybe it was lotion? Or both. Both is good.

She can't look him in the eye.