Babysitter

"Why him?!" I whined unhappily when Ryley told me Connor had to babysit me. "Because no on else is free and I am not leaving you alone while I'm at work." Ryley huffed. "Why can't Mama watch me?" I asked pouting. "She has to work too, its only for today." He groaned. "Take me with you." I pleaded dramatically. "Oliver, enough." Ryley ordered sternly. I pouted but stopped arguing, not wanted to get in trouble.

Just avoid him as much as possible, stay in my room. Easy

"Thanks for coming, I'll be back around six, I left some cash in the kitchen so you can order pizza so you don't have to feed him. Just make sure his homework is done." Ryley greeted once Connor was inside. "No problem." Connor smiled. "He shouldn't give you any problems, if he does threaten to call me and that should work, if not send him to his room. I would rather you not spank him, but if you have to then you can. Oliver!" Ryley calls me, not knowing I was listening on the stairs. I waited a few seconds and then walked into the kitchen, hopefully I waited long enough so he thinks i was in my room and not on the steps. "What?" I pouted, walking into the dining room where they were standing. "I have to go now, behave please." Ryley said gently, throwing me a warning look when Connor wasn't looking. He pulled me into a hug and ruffled my hair. "Love you, be good." He mumbled and squeezed me. "Love you too." I pouted, but could hide my smile at the squeeze. "I mean it Oliver, behave." Ryley warned, giving me a love tap on the backside. "I will." I groaned in embarrassment, pushing away from him.

"Thanks again man, I owe you one." Ryley smiled and walked out the door. Connor laughed and waved, turning to look at me. "So little man, what do you want to do?" He asked nervously. "I have homework to do." I shrugged and pouted my way past him, going up to my room.

Phone call
I= Ian
O=Oliver

I: hello?
O: hey its me, guess who's babysitting me
I:um I can tell you're not happy but I don't know. Who?
O: Connor
I: oh man
O: not funny
I: right, sorry. He can't be that bad
O: its not that, he's just so awkward around me now that its uncomfortable.
I: i mean, will it ever not be awkward between you two?
O: probably not
I: didn't think so, what are doing right now?
O: hiding in my room, pretending to do homework
I: you can't hide the whole time, what time does your brother get home?
O: six
I:its just now two, you can't do pretend homework for four hours
O: I know that, what am I supposed to do?
I: i don't know
O: what are your plans for today?
I: sorry, can't save you. I'm going shopping with my dad in a minute
O: shit I'm gonna be bored
I: sorry
O: you can't be sorry if you're laughing
I: right, I gotta go. I'll see you later Ollie
O: Mmkay

That only wasted about 15 minutes. 3 hours and 45 minutes to go. Conor must have heard my complaints, not even a minute later he was knocking. "Come in." I sighed, not really wanting to talk to him. "How's the homework going?" He smirked. "How's the eavesdropping going?" I sassed back. "Wonderful, think you can do your homework now?" He sighed. "Think you can get lost now?" I smiled. "Ollie don't be difficult please." Connor mumbled. "I'm not being difficult." I huffed, who does he think he is? "Yes you are, I'd hate to have to bother Ryley because you're not doing what you're supposed to." He said, raising an eyebrow at me. He is not the boss of me! "Then don't, besides you're not the boss of me I don't have to listen to you." I growled, angry that he was acting like Ryley. We just looked at each other, me in anger and him not knowing what to say. "Homework, now. I'll sit in here until it's finished if I have to." He said sharply, most likely getting annoyed with me. My brain told me to just listen and do my dang homework, but my mouth didn't agree. "Go to hell Connor."

"Right, I don't understand what your problem with me is but its really starting to get on my nerves." He huffed. Against my will, I felt the tinge of guilt and fear run up my spine at his tone. I will never admit this, but Connor is just as intimidating as Ryley.