Jack Frost

Beep beep beep beep beep

"Ugh!" I groan, reaching for my phone to turn off my alarm. "Oliver!" I hear Ryley yelled from his room. "I'm up!" I yelled with more attitude than intended. I had just woken up and it was freezing cold in here! "You don't have school today grumpy pants." Ryley says standing at my door.

"Wait, what really?" I asked excitedly. "Yeah it snowed a bunch last night." He answered, gesturing to my window. I threw the covers off of me and ran to the window. It was like the ice age out there!

"Can I go outside?" I asked hoping he would say yes

"Can I go outside?" I asked hoping he would say yes. "No, you just woke up. Come have breakfast and maybe put some pants on?" He smirked at the last bit. "Oh yeah." I blushed and walked over to my bed to put my fuzzy pajama pants back on. I walk to my dresser and get out a pair of socks, slipping them on my feet. "Breakfast then outside." I nodded and walked past Ryley. "I didn't say you could go out. There's at least an inch of ice under all that snow. It's slick." He said following me downstairs. "But what fun is a snow day without playing in the snow!" I whined. "I'm not arguing with you before we've even had breakfast. Sit down at the table I need to call in from work." He ordered. I huffed and sat down.

Stupid Ryley I should be able to play outside if I want to. I bet all the other kids will be.

"What do you want for breakfast squirt?" He asked coming back into the kitchen after a few minutes. "I don't care." I mumbled. "Don't be a brat just because you can't go outside." He scolded. "I'm not being a brat. I just said I don't care what we have for breakfast, where did you get 'being a brat' from that?" I sassed. "I'm not doing this with you. Go find a corner until breakfast is done." Ryley ordered sternly. "This is so stupid." I mumbled and rolled my eyes, walking to a corner. "I know you didn't just roll your eyes at me, kid." Ryley scolded. "Wouldn't dream of it." I answered sarcastically. "Oliver." Ryley warned. I huffed but didn't say anything else.

10 minutes went by.

Then 5 more minutes.

I wasn't used to being in the corner for more than 12 minutes so my legs were starting to hurt.

Another 5

20 minutes, I had been in the corner for 20 minutes. "Come here." Ryley ordered sternly. I turned from the corner and wobbled back to my seat. "Anything you want to say to me?" He asked coldly. "Sorry." I apologized. "Good, sit down and eat." He said sharply, sliding me a plate of eggs and two pancakes. I nodded and sat down. "Thank you."I mumbled. He nodded at me and sat across from me.

We ate in tense silence. "I'm sorry." I spoke quickly, scaring Ryley with my sudden talking. "I'm just tired and didn't mean to be bratty." I whined. "Thank you for the apology." He said with no emotion. Is he mad? "Bubby are you mad at me?" I asked nervously. "Come here." He sighed and put his fork down. I was hesitant but slid off my chair and walked around the table to him. I panicked when I felt him pick me up but calmed down was I was sat on his lap. I was still tense and I guess he could tell because he started to rub my back in gentle circles. "Not mad." He stated, reaching for his coffee mug and taking a drink. "You're not talking to me and I was in the corner forever. I don't want you to be mad at me anymore." I pouted, leaning against his chest.