Homework hide and seek

Hey howdy my lovely readers! Please enjoy my story, make sure to vote and comment for more chapters and, as always, feel free to share any requests or suggestions with me. I will try to write your request if you send me one! I want to see what you want to read. Enjoy my loves!!

《Doodle》

••••••••
I've never been so embarrassed in my life.

Earlier

"Dude where are you?" Ian asks from the other side of the phone. "I'm running late and Ryley's going to kill me!" I whined, grabbing my bookbag and slinging it over my shoulder. "Tough luck, get here soon!" Ian encouraged. "I'll try." I sighed and hung up the phone. "Oliver Scott!" Ryley boomed from downstairs. "Coming!" I yelled back, trying not to fall down the stairs.

"I'm late for work because of you!" He seethed. "I know, I'm sorry." I mumbled and threw my shoes on. He impatiently watched me grab my jacket and closed the door behind me. He didn't say anything the whole ride to school, just focused on the road. "Behave." He muttered when he unlocked the door for me to get out the car. "I will." I mumbled and ran inside the school.

I speed walked to my locker and threw my stuff inside, jogging to homeroom. I got there just before the bell rang. "I'm here!" I said as the teacher asked if anyone had heard from me. "Mr. Barely? Don't be late again." My teacher ordered. "Yes sir." I said and rushed to first period.

The day just got worse and worse. I left my homework at the house!

"Oliver?" Mr. Wilson called my name to turn in my work. "Sir, I left it at home." I answered shyly. "You did, did you? Or did you just not do it?" He asked sternly. "Yes sir, I did it and I can tell you where I left it. I was running late this morning." I mumbled. "Well I can just call Ryley to drop it off then." He sighed, reaching for the phone. "No!" I yelped at him, drawing all the attention to me. "I-I mean don't do that, please. He's already mad at me because I made him late and if you call him he'll kill me! I'll bring it tomorrow." I panicked. He raised an eyebrow at me and pulled his hand away from the phone. "Very well, I better get that paper tomorrow morning." He said sharply. "Yes sir." I sighed in relief.

The rest of my teachers weren't so accepting. "I'm sorry I forgot it at home." I told Mrs. Taylor. "I've heard that excuse a million times Ollie." She smiled. "It's not an excuse." I sighed. "How did you forget it at home?" She asked sarcastically. "I was running late and my brother was rushing me because he was going to be late for work. I left my folder on my bed that had all my homework in it. You can ask Mr. Wilson." I explained. "Right. Well I'm going to just write you a slip to go to workroom tomorrow to do it. I do not accept late work." Mrs. Taylor said with fake sympathy. "I can bring you the paper tomorrow. I can even bring it during homeroom." I tried to reason with her. "I'm sorry Oliver but you'll have to write the sentences tomorrow." She said sternly.

"With all do respect but that's not fair." I mumbled. "Oh? How so?" She asked me angrily. "I said I could bring you the paper tomorrow, even during homeroom if you need me to. But you won't accept 'late work' and you're still making me write." I explained. "I'm sorry I didn't realized we run on your time Oliver." She hissed. "No ma'am that's not what I was saying-" "I can not grade work i don't have and I'm not wasting my time waiting for it." She interrupted me. "I understand but I really don't think it's fair." I tried to explain calmly. She was making it really difficult to stay calm.

"Enough arguing Oliver. You will write the sentences tomorrow and then I'll accept you're work." She ordered. I was beyond mad at this point. "I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I don't agree." I sighed. "I said enough." She snapped. "And I said that's not fair. I'm sorry I forgot it but its not my fault. People forget things!" I huffed. "One more word and I will call home." She threatened. I should have stopped there. Just admitted defeat and sat with my tail between my legs. But I'm stubborn, and mad. "For what?!" I half yelled.