Bully

Sometimes I really hate school! Kids can be very hateful and rude.

It was my fault! I just had to talk back to Ryley!

Here's how it went...

Ryley was dropping me off at school...

"Ryley why can't I go?" I whined. "Oliver I told you no. I have to work tomorrow and you need to go to Mama's house. I don't want you running around with your friends." Ryley huffed, trying to get me to let go of his arm. "You'll know where I'll be! I'll text you and stuff." I grumbled. "No." Ryley snapped. "Yes." I smirked. "I'm not playing with you Oliver." Ryley scolded. "Then don't." I sassed. He glared at me with pure frustration and before I even knew what was happening I was tipped off balance and stumbled over his arm.

SWAT! SWAT! SWAT! SWAT! SWAT!

"Enough with the backtalk! Get to class and I'll pick you up after school." Ryley scolded. I wiped the few tears off my face and gave him a hug. Ryley kissed my head then sent me away with another swat. I whimpered but scurried into the school.

That wasn't the problem. He was swatted me in public before, even some of the teachers know I get spanked because Ryley knows them.

The problem was the jerk who loves picking on me!

"Oliver, what did you do to make your bubby spank you?" Caleb mocked me. "Leave me alone." I sighed, trying to walk faster. "Don't walk away from me." He yelled. "Just leave me alone." I grumbled louder. "Come on Ollie, we're friends." Caleb continued to mock me. "Not in a million years. Leave me alone. It's none of your business Caleb!" I snapped, annoyed that he wouldn't let into my locker. "I don't think so. I wonder what your big bubby would say if you were late to class?" He asks in fake curiosity. "Nothing. Move out of my way." I tried to sound intimidating but failed. He still refused to move out of my way, smirking down at me because he knows I can't do anything about it. I'm short, he's a giant, way stronger than me, and he's a grade above me.

He stood in front of my locker, until it was way too late to be excusable. I couldn't just go to class, I needed my stuff from my locker and if I showed up empty handed and told on him he'd leave before the teacher got to see him. I was helpless. "Half an hour good enough? Can't wait to watch the show later. I'll be in the front row." He snickered and finally let me into my locker. My first period also just so happens to be the strictest teacher in the whole school. He also knows Ryley, and won't hesitate to call him if I act out.

"But this time it wasn't my fault, sir." I complained as Mr. Wilson dialed Ryley's phone number. He ignored me completely and waited until Ryley picked up.

"Ryley, yes how are doing? Good, I'm doing alright. I called you because you're brother was thirty minutes late to class, and claims it isn't his fault." Mr. Wilson spoke calmly. "Yes I'll put him on right now. Yes, mmhmm bye." He handed me the phone and got up to continue class, and so I could have his chair to talk more "privately."

"I know what you're going to say." I groan before Ryley even gets the chance to scold me. "Great. Now explain." Ryley snapped harshly. I debated in my head whether to tell or not. If I didn't then I would be in huge trouble but if I did then the teasing would get worse and prove that I need my brother to protect me. I can fight my own battles. "Nothing, I was just late." I mumbled hesitantly. I'm not dumb I know as soon as he gets his hands on me he'll be able to tell I'm lying. But over the phone is fair game. "You were just late? Half an hour late?! You have no excuse for this." Ryley growled. "I'm sorry." I whimpered. Maybe I should have told him the truth. "Not yet you're not. I can't even explain how much trouble you're in!" He continued to scold me. "I'm sorry, I tried to be on time." I whined, now scared. "If you tried to be on time, how the hell were you half an hour late?" Ryley asked harshly. "I don't know." I mumble. "You do know. What are you not telling me?" Ryley asks suspiciously. "Ok, well I tried to be on time but Caleb saw you, um, talking to me this morning and then he kept picking on me. He stood in front of my locker and wouldn't let me in! I couldn't just go to class without my books and tell because he'd be gone by the time the teacher got there and he'd pick on me more for being a snitch. It's not like I could do anything about it, he's so much taller than me and stronger! I just had to wait until he moved, he wanted to get me in trouble because it's fun for him. He gets some kind of sick pleasure watching you swat me." I rambled.

"I'll be there soon." Ryley said coldly before he hung up.

The anxiety hit me. Am I in trouble? What is he going to do?

About twenty minutes later a knock sounded through my second period classroom. The teacher, Mrs. Davis also knows Ryley in fact she lives on our street. "Ryley? Can I help you with something hun?" She asks confused to see my brother. "Yes ma'am I was wondering if I could borrow Oliver?" Ryley smiles. She looked hesitant but after seeing the principal behind my brother, she nodded. I immediately got nervous at seeing my principal and brother looking at me. I shakily walked towards them and quietly followed behind my brother.

I was lead into the principal's office with Ryley not too far behind me. "I hear you've been having some issues with Caleb Bradley recently?" The principal asks. "W-well I mean kind of...he messes with me a lot and I can't really do anything about it." I answer nervously. "Yes, he is having 'issues' this isn't just playground taunts, this kid is bullying my brother and I want something to be done about it." Ryley said coldly, in his 'protective big brother voice.'

"I assure you, Mr. Barley that actions will be taken to solve this." The principal assured. "Good, I want this kid expelled." Ryley huffed. "We can't do that, teasing a younger student isn't a serious offense." He responded. "Teasing? He blocked my brother's locker, refusing to let him go to class, harasses him in the hallways, and stalks him! I would say this is a serious offense!" Ryley said angrily raising his voice. "I'm sorry Mr. Barley, the most I can do at this time is inform his parents." Mr. Brown sighed. "Then call his parents in here. I want to talk to them about how they raised their son." Ryley snapped.

After debating with Ryley the principal gave in and asked Caleb and his parents to join us in the office. "Mr. and Mrs. Bradley, pleasure to have you." Mr. Brown greeted. "What's this about?" Caleb sassed. "Well it has come to my attention that you and Oliver have been having some issues." Mr. Brown started. "Issues, is he bullying you?" Caleb's mom gasps. "On the contrary, your son is bullying my brother." Ryley said coldly. "Ryley its not that big of a deal." I whimpered. "Hush Oliver, adults are talking." Ryley scolded. "Yes sir." I mumbled nervously.

"Our son would never do anything of the sort!" His mom defended. "Ma'am I have several students saying they have seen your son bothering Oliver, not to mention the footage of this morning's incident." Mr. Brown said. "I didn't do anything to him." Caleb said angrily. "There's proof." Ryley said coldly. "I'm sorry who are you?" His dad asked Ryley. "Ryley, I'm Oliver's brother." Ryley said respectfully, despite his obvious anger. "And you're Oliver?" He asks me. "Yes sir." I said shyly.

"Caleb are you bullying him?" His dad asks sternly. "No, I'm just playing with him but he's a crybaby and snitched." Caleb said angrily. "I didn't snitch." I mumbled. "Then why are we here Ollie?" Caleb asks angrily. "You kept picking on me, blocked my locker and made me late to class on purpose! Not to mention you mocking me the whole time because you have an obsession with me." I huffed. "Oliver! Enough." Ryley scolded harshly. "Sorry." I said through gritted teeth.

"This just seems like bickering to me." His mom sighed dramatically. "This is why your kid is a brat." Ryley huffed. "Excuse me?" She gasped. "Just saying, between the kids its ironic that my brother is more respectful considering he's younger." Ryley smirked. "I'm not a brat!" Caleb yells. "If the shoe fits..." I mumbled. "You want to say that again?" Caleb asks, jumping out of his seat trying to get to me. I flinched and scooted closer to Ryley, who held his arm around me protectively.

"Boys enough." The principal scolded. After some more bickering he showed everyone the footage of Caleb messing with me this morning, including the audio which made me blush. "Caleb Anthony Bradley!" His dad scolds.

"I say a proper punishment for this is a week of detention and a warning of expulsion if this happens again." Mr. Brown told his parents. They nodded in agreement. Caleb glared at me as he left the office.

"Go get your stuff squirt, I'm taking you home." Ryley said, gently patting my butt to get me to go. I happily nodded and went back to class. I passed Caleb and his parents on the way and just so happened to see his dad swatting him. I smirked as I went to get my books.