Trick or treat?

I am not to old to trick or treat! Yeah I'm 12 but who cares? Free candy!

I need a costume. A cool one. Something badass.

"You said you would take me to get a costume 2 hours ago." I complained. "I'm just finishing up this report babe. I'll be there in a minute." Ryley said slightly annoyed. "Mmkay but hurry up please." I pouted and sat on his bed.

He's working on a project for his class. It's apparently worth like half of his grade.

He was still working after like 20 minutes! "Ryley are you done yet?" I whined. "I can finish the rest later. Come on we need groceries too." He sighed, shutting his laptop.

I jumped off his bed and went to leave his room. "Ow!" I yelped when he swatted me. "Don't jump on my bed." Ryley scolded. "I didn't. I jumped off your bed." I smiled. "Brat." He teased as I ran out of his room.

I got my shoes on and waited. "Let's go." Ryley said, grabbing his keys and walking out the door. I shut the door behind me and ran to catch up.

"Ok we're getting groceries first then we'll look at costumes. Please don't take forever I need to finish my presentation as soon as possible." Ryley said, glancing at me at the red light. "Mmkay." I hummed.

We pulled into the Walmart parking lot and Ryley repeated that this is a quick trip before letting me out of the car. I shut my door and walked around to his side of the car. He held his hand out for me but I shook my head. I usually don't mind holding his hand but I don't want to. He glared and me and reached his hand out again. "No I don't want to." I mumbled. "Too bad. Either hold my hand or I'm carrying you." Ryley ordered, raising an eyebrow at me. For some reason being told off bothers me more than usual today. I'm getting frustrated that he won't take no for an answer and insists on babying me!

"Why? I'm going to walk right next to you." I groaned. "Its one or the other, kid. Or we could get right back in the car and go home." He scolds, leaning back against the car with his arms crossed. "Fine." I huffed, holding my hand out. "Oliver, fix your attitude before I fix it for you. I took you out even though I was busy. I didn't have to take you, or let you go trick or treating in the first place. Quit being a brat before I just take you home." Ryley scolded harshly. He had crouched down to make eye contact with me which only made the scolding scarier. "Sorry." I pouted, I could feel myself tearing up.

"Why the tears?" He asked gently, wiping my eyes. I didn't answer, instead I lifted my arms to be picked up. He easily complied and lifted me into his arms. He adjusted me onto his hip and ruffled my hair. "Sorry, didn't mean to." I whimpered into his chest. "It's alright love. Just watch the attitude." He smiled, kissing my head. I nodded and squirmed to be let down. I was getting embarrassed that he was holding me. "Hmm no I think I'll just carry you." He smiled and started walking. "Ryleeeyyyy." I whined unhappily and squirmed. He ignored me and kept walking. I huffed and pouted but couldn't deny I kinda liked being carried.

Once we were inside he finally put me down. I followed behind him as he went to get a buggy. "Alright babyboy, groceries first." He said, walking in that direction. I followed him but got distracted by the costumes they had in the front of the store. There was so many! I had to go look. I glanced back at Ryley and he didn't seem to notice I stopped walking. I shook off the anxiety and walked over to the costumes.

I walked up and down the aisle, glancing at each one and searching for my size. There were a few basic ones, Batman, Superman, pirate, ninja, clown. Nothing that really caught my attention. Until I went up the second aisle.

There was one left in my size. The Grimm Reaper.

It was perfect! I grabbed it and went to find my brother.