Firestarter

After Sticky Fingers

Zack's pov

It's been hours since Mr. Thompson dragged Ian off, but I can't stop thinking about it.

When I got home, I went straight to my room, ignoring my mom's friendly questions of did I had fun and if I had eaten.

It's not like I had MEANT to get him in trouble. But he's so perfect all the time! The golden boy. The "Why can't you be more like him?", poster child.

"Dude." Seth said, kicking my door open and pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I groaned. "What did you do?" He asked, almost with excitement. "Nothing. What are you talking about?" I questioned. "That kid, Ian's, dad called. Mom is pissed and is on the phone with Wayne right now." He said.

Shit.

"Tell me you're messing with me." I groaned again. "I'm not, swear." He shook his head but still had a smirk.

He thinks this is funny.

"Ugh!" I whined, throwing a pillow over my head.

"Are you gonna tell me or not?" He asked.

"Not."

"Don't be like that. Tell me what ya did." He huffed. "No." I denied. "I can always ask Wayne when he gets here." He sing-songed. "No! Fine. I'll tell." I rushed, knowing him asking would only piss Wayne off more.

"I basically convinced him to steal a video game, okay? But he gave it back!" I explained. Seth laughed.

"Bunch of baby thieves!" He teased. "Shut up!" I yelled, smacking him across the face with my pillow.

That was the wrong move. In seconds, I was pinned flat on the bed with the pillow shoved over my face. Stupid older brothers.

"Are you supposed to hit your big brother?" He growled, pinning my arm down when I got it free. I didn't try to answer, more focused on bucking him off of me.

Suddenly, he was yanked off of me, and I tossed the pillow off my face, sucking in a breath. "I hate you!" I yelled.

Then I realized who had pulled him off. Wayne stood next to my bed, Seth's arm tight in his grip. He practically dwarfed my older brother, making him look more like a naughty toddler than a teenager in his grasp. Wayne wasn't exactly tall, but he wasn't short, and he had a lot of muscle to him, making him look larger.

"I told you to stop doing that shit! You could've hurt him!" Wayne scolded, releasing my brother's arm. "He hit me first!" Seth argued. "I don't care who hit who first! I catch it again, and I'm gonna hit your backside. Now, get." He said sternly. Seth scrambled out of my room, muttering under his breath.

Wayne turned to look at me then. "You alright?", he asked. I nodded.

"Heard you had an eventful day." He said plainly, sitting next to me on the bed. I shrugged. "Your mom already told me what happened. She's not happy that she's apparently raising a bully." He spoke.

"I'm not a bully, I was just teasing him. He didn't actually have to do it." I grumbled.

"You pressured that boy. You were not teasing, you were being cruel." He scolds.

"Was not! It's not my fault he's so sensitive!" I denied. Maybe if he wasn't an only child, he'd get it. But he's so focused on being his daddy's precious little boy instead.

"That's just nasty, Zackary. You've never had this kind of attitude before. Especially not with one of your friends." Wayne scolded harsher.

"It's not his fault he's sensitive either. Not when someone who's supposed to be his friend is pressuring him into doing things and being nasty to him when he doesn't. I'm very disappointed in you."