Bigger than me

WARNING: LANGUAGE

Oliver's pov age 16

I'm currently waiting in the coach's office for my brother to come murder me.

If I wasn't about to die I might actually be sort of proud of myself. You all remeber Jace, my jerk of a neighbor? Well he grew up to hate me more and my fighting streak never quite left. We were on the baseball team together he was trying to piss me off on purpose. He kept making cracks about my pitching, my batting, everything I did was wrong. Eventually it got so heated coach was sick of us at each other's throats and made us run for an hour of practice. The whole time he was right beside me. "Can you seriously lay off?" I barked after he called me barleybaby one too many times. "What's wrong Ollie?" He faked sympathy. "Oliver." I corrected him, again. "I didn't hurt your feelings did I?" He mocked, increasing his pace to keep up with me. I could lay this guy out if I didn't think Ryley would have my ass for it.

I've always had a thing for fighting guys that are bigger than me. "I heard your still your brother's bitch." Jace laughed. "Oh yeah? Where did you hear that?" I bit back. "Around." He smirked. I knew who he heard it from, and he knew that I knew. Caleb. Fucking. Bradley. "He's still got a crush on me, I'm flattered really." I snarled, still trying to outrun him. You'd think running away from Ryley all these years would help. I'm pretty fast now, you have to be when you're being chased with a paddle.

"I don't know who you're talking about." He smiled. Lucky for me, Caleb was on our team too. And they became the bestest friends! Just my luck. "So where's your boyfriend?" Jace asked to rile me up, he's talking about Ian. "Real funny, never heard that one before." I rolled my eyes. He's gonna have to try harder than that. You'd think after witnessing first hand how crazy my brother is, these jerks would leave me alone. "Are you into guys, barleybaby?" He smiled. "Why? You like me too now?" I shot back. He scoffed and tried to outrun me this time. "Aww baby, come back." I yelled, making sure everyone else heard. He shot me a glare, that's a fighting look. "Just wait until after practice Barley." He growled. Great.

•••••

As expected, after practice, i was cornered in the locker room. Caleb and Jace. "Sorry guys, I already told you I'm not interested." I said, trying to sound sincere. I wasn't expecting the shove I got in return, but I knew something like this would happen. I looked up at them, stupid short people genes, and raised an eyebrow. "Really?" I asked. Jace reached out and tugged my bag off my arm. "Really." He nodded. "Come on, shortie, you're not still scared of your brother, are ya?" Caleb smiled. "Careful. Those are fighting words." I said harshly, not the least bit intimidated. I picked my bag up and shoved past them, walking back out onto the field. I still had a bit of time before I had to be home. I waited for them to follow me, and they did. I glanced around for coach, not seeing him but seeing his car. So he's here somewhere.

They make it up to me quicker than expected, and I am immediately getting pushed back again. Nothing pisses me off more. My back hits the fence, and I smirk. "Can't say you didn't put your hands on me first, boys." I mumbled angrily. Sure, pushing doesn't give me the best excuse. But it's better than nothing. "You sure do hang out a lot together."I mumbled to myself, realizing that they are both trying to fight me. How is that fair? Maybe my mouth isn't always on my side, that comment seemed to do it. Next thing I know I got punched across the jaw, nice aim Jace. I roll my eyes and shove him back, off of me. "This isn't fair." I gestured to the two of them, "didn't realize you were so scared to fight me, Jacey." I smirked. Ah, just as I planned. Jace pushed Caleb back and crowded into my space again. "This better?" He spat. "Much." I nodded.

TW: FIGHT

He goes to swing at me again, and I move, making him cut his hand up on the fence pretty good. "Ouch." He muttered. He goes to try again, but I connect a punch to his nose, making it bleed. I really hope I didn't just break his nose..