Under the Weather

"Bubby!" I groaned, woken up by a sick feeling in my stomach. My head is pounding and I feel dizzy. "Ryleeeyyyy!" I whined louder, hoping he could hear me from his room. I scrambled for my phone to check the time. 3:02 am. "Ryley!" I yelled again, just wanting him to make it stop. "What?" Ryley groaned, opening my door. He rubbed his eyes and looked at me in shock. "Oh baby, what happened?" He gasped and scrambled towards me. I couldn't get any words out, feeling overwhelmed. I felt tears pouring down my face and I reached for Ryley. "I got you." He cooed and picked me up, holding me in his lap.

"Your warm Ollie, are you feeling ok?" He asked. I shook my head no and held onto him tighter. Ryley carried me into the bathroom and grabbed a thermometer, sitting me on the counter. "Open your mouth babe." He smiled softly. I sniffled and opened my mouth for the thermometer. I felt like I was going to throw up as soon as it touched my tounge. I started crying and trying to take it out. "No, wait." Ryley scolded softly and grabbed my hands. I needed the stupid thing out of my mouth or I was going to spill my guts. I opened my mouth and let it fall out, immediately gagging and throwing up on myself.

"Bubby!" I sobbed, even more upset now. "Oh its ok love. We'll get you clean, sit there for bubby for a minute ok?" He asked gently. I whined and nodded.

He left the bathroom and came back with clean clothes and a towel. "Alright Ollie, can you take a shower by yourself or do you need help?" Ryley asked. I shook my head and kept crying, not wanting to be away from him. "Ok that's fine. I can give you a bath like when you were little." He comforted, smiling softly at the memory. I nodded sadly and let him take my shirt off. He pulled it off quickly and threw it away. "I'm not washing that. You have more shirts." He looked at it disgusted. I smiled and let him pull my pajama pants down too. I blushed and squirmed when he reached for my boxers. "Its nothing I haven't seen before." He laughed, picking me up off the counter and setting me on the floor. "Don't say that." I whined and hid my face with my hands. "Well its true why are you being so shy? You wanted help." He said sharply. I felt tears in my eyes at his tone. "Look I'm sorry, I'm tired and want to get you to bed." He soothed. I nodded and pulled my boxers down quickly. Covering my privates.

Ryley smirked but didn't comment. He started a bath for me, yawning while watching the water fill up. I blushed the whole time, embarrassed or feverish I couldn't tell. Once I started shivering he picked me up and put me in the bathtub. I whined, embarrassed by his babying. I pouted but smiled at the warm water. "Cute." Ryley laughed at me.

When the bath was filled he scrubbed shampoo into my hair, making me close my eyes and lean into his hands. "Feel good?" He asked amused. "Yes." I mumbled sleepily. He rinsed the soap out and let me wash my body before draining the water and wrapping me in a towel. "Cold." I whined when he tried to dry my hair with the towel. "I know its cold, let go so I can get you dry and put clothes on you." Ryley scolded. I pouted and let go of the towel.

Ryley dried me off and helped me into clean pajamas. "Lets take your temperature, try not to throw up this time." He sighed and had me open my mouth. I waited impatiently for the thermometer to beep, just wanting to be held. "102.1" He groaned. I reached my arms out for him and he picked me up. "No school for you and I'll call in from work. Let's get you some medicine and I guess you want to sleep with me?" He sighed but smiled when I nodded.

I was carried into his room and sat on the bed. Ryley went to his bathroom and grabbed the cold medicine. It's awful, its so thick and burns like alcohol when you swallow it. Its cherry flavored but it tastes more like hand sanitizer to me. Ryley walked towards me and poured a dose into the tiny cup. "Here, take this and then bed." He said, handing me the cup. "I don't want it." I whined and set the cup on the bedside table. "I know but you have to drink it." He sighed and picked up the cup. "Drink it." He ordered. "No." I mumbled with my hands over my mouth. "Don't be difficult please." He sighed and tried to pull my hands away. I shook my head. "Oliver just because you're sick doesn't mean I can't put you over my knee. Take the damn medicine so we can go to bed." He scolded. I felt the tears well up in my eyes and dropped my hands in defeat. "Here." He said sternly, trying to hand me the cup. I took it and poured it in my mouth quickly, not wanting to make him mad. "Good boy, see that wasn't so bad." He praised. "Yes it was. I'm never doing that again." I pouted. "Not for six hours. Then you have to." He smiled. I groaned and flopped back on his bed.

••••

I woke up to someone feeling my head. "Yeah he's warm. No, he's asleep. No I can handle it. Mama. Love you, bye." He must have been on the phone.

"Bubby." I whined and opened my eyes. "Hey squirt how ya feeling?" He asked, petting my hair. "Horrible." I groaned, scooting closer to him. "Well its time for more medicine anyway." He sighed and stood up. "I don't want it." I whined and hid my face in a pillow. Ryley sighed and went to his bathroom to get it. In that short period of time I gathered all my energy and booked it to my room.

"Oliver!" Ryley scolded, obviously seeing me run down the hall. "No! Get away from me!" I yelled. He walked into my room and picked me up easily. "Put me down! Ryley!" I screamed and tried to scramble away from him. I squirmed and kicked but he carried me like a sack of feathers. "Hit me one more time and you're getting paddled. Sick or not this is ridiculous." He scolded harshly. I froze and just started crying.

"Hush." Ryley scolded and sat me on the bed. He wasn't being gentle anymore and I was upset. "Open." He ordered and gave me the medication. I whined and shook my head no. "Oliver, enough." Ryley huffed. At this point he was just making me upset. I sadly opened my mouth and let him pour the medicine in. "Swallow it." I obeyed.

I hid my face in his blankets and cried harder. "Babyboy I didn't want to be mean but you weren't listening. You know better than to throw tantrums and hit." He scolded gently. I nodded and kept my head in the blankets. He sighed and picked me up, holding me in his lap and rocking me. "You're alright." He comforted. "Sorry." I mumbled into his chest, wrapping my arms around him.

"Rest baby, big brother is here." He said and kissed my head. I nodded and fell asleep with him holding me.