Spare Change

I don't get an allowance, or money for chores. Ryley doesn't see the point in giving me money for chores or just to spend.

It's a miracle whenever I get pocket money. Its a rare occasion, I only get money on my birthday. Every other time I need money I have to ask Ryley, then pay him back by doing extra chores.

None of my friends have chores, except for Ian and me, but they still get an allowance! I've talked to a few kids from my class and they all say the same thing, they just don't do chores. There are a couple kids that do chores and work for money but not many. One kid even said, "My mom tries to get me to do chores but I just tell her to do them herself and she gave up on trying to get me to do them." To say I was shocked was an understatement. As much as I hate chores, I'd never talk back to Ryley like that. I would get a paddling for sure.

Ian, Zack, Trey, and I all wanted to go see a movie on Saturday. The problem is we also wanted to hang out at the mall before the movie starts and I'll need money. The other problem is I didn't do my chores for the last few days and today's Friday. There's no way I'll be able to go.

"Come on Ollie we all want you to go!" Ian whines, as soon as we were outside of the school."Yeah, I know but I forgot to do chores and I can't just ask him for money after not doing what I'm supposed to." I said slightly annoyed. "Why didn't you do them?" Zack asks. "I don't know, I just didn't want to I guess and Ryley hasn't said anything about it." I shrugged. "I haven't said anything about what?" Ryley asks from behind me. "Ah Ryley! You scared me." I yelped. "Answer the question, Oliver." Ryley said sternly. "Nothing." I spat out, maybe too quickly. "Don't lie." He scolded, swatting my backside once. I whined and moved away. "I told you, it's nothing." I said avoiding eye contact with my brother. "You're lying." Ryley scolded. He always knows when I'm lying. "You have three seconds to either apologize and tell me the truth, or start walking home and I'll ask you again after you've been spanked for lying." Ryley scolded harshly. "One."

"Okay, okay! I'll tell. I haven't done my chores since Tuesday." I confess. "Why not?" Ryley asked, getting down to look me in my eyes. (Yes I'm still short) "I don't know...can you not do this here? Take me home first then you can scold me please." I whimpered. "No." He said sternly. "I'm sorry." I pouted, trying not to cry. "Good, that's not what I asked you though." Ryley said firmly but still gentle after seeing I was upset. "I just didn't want to." I mumbled. Ryley just looked at me for a minute, not saying anything. "Well then you can catch up on the chores you didn't do, and the chores for this weekend, as soon as we get home." Ryley said sternly. He grabbed my hand and walked me down the street to the house. I turned and waved at my friends as I was being pulled.

"Oliver, you're going to do the chores you missed this week, today's chores and your weekend chores today. I don't care how long it takes you know better than to not do as you're told." Ryley scolded harshly as soon as we got inside. I didn't want to do all that! "Yes sir." I pout, already going upstairs to clean my room. Of all days to be messy! I had to pick today to not make my bed.

I started with my bed, pushing everything off before climbing onto and spreading the blankets out flat. After that I gathered my pillows and placed them back on the bed.

I walked around my room and picked up any clothes I saw. I either put them in the hamper, or in my closet where they go. I then took my hamper to the laundry room and putting the clothes in the washing machine. I left the hamper so I can take my clothes back to my room when they're done.

I go back to my room and pick up any trash and throw it away. All that's left was the little random things I left in my floor, which I also picked up. I vacuumed my carpet and was finally finished with my room.

I went to the kitchen and loaded and unloaded the dishwasher, cleaned the countertops, and took the trash out.

I switched my clothes from the washer to the dryer and you get the rest. Basically I did a lot of cleaning! It's not bad when its spaced out between days but I'm stupid and decided to be lazy.