Hello Neighbor

Obviously when the weather is nice and it's spring break, I'm going to play outside.

We just got  new neighbors, 3 doors down from us. I heard they have a son around my age.

Me and a few neighborhood kids were riding bikes when, said son, comes out. I can already tell I'm not going to like this kid. "Let's go say hi!" Alissa encourages. I reluctantly agreed and rode over to him. "Hey I'm Alissa, what's your name?" Alissa greets happily. "Um Jace." He answers. "Well I'm Kyle and this is Ollie." Kyle smiles. "Hi." I mumbled. "Aren't you that kid that lives with his brother?" He asked. "Yeah?" I answered confused. Jace doesn't respond, just scrunches his nose. I definitely don't like him.

We decided to be nice. "Hey Ollie let's go play baseball." Kyle suggests. I agree and lead everyone back towards my house. "Wait here I have to get the key to the shed." I mumbled and threw open the screen door. I walked into the kitchen and pulled the key out of the drawer.

I walked back onto the porch and walked down the steps. "Watch out for spiders." I warned and unlocked the shed, pulling the door open. "Wow you have some nice stuff for an orphan." Jace laughs. "He's not an orphan, he just lives with his brother." Alissa snapped before I could. Sensing the tension, Kyle reaches into the shed and grabs a baseball. "Let's pass." He smiles nervously.

I clench my teeth but nod. I shove the shed key in my pocket angrily, not even bothering to put it inside like I'm supposed to. I could have sworn that asshole smirked at seeing me angry.

Kyle passing me the ball, and I throw to to Alissa, who then passes it to Jace. He had a stupid grin on his face before he threw at me aggressively. "What the hell?!" I yelled and moved so I wouldn't get hit. "My bad." He shrugged. I was determined not to let him win, so I smiled and went to get the ball. I tossed it to Kyle, who tossed it to Jace, who tossed it to Alissa. We went a few rounds and few snarky comments from Jace before he had the ball again. He looked at me with the biggest shit eating grin I've ever seen. I watched in horror as he threw the ball at Ryley's car. The alarm went off immediately and I panicked.

"Why would you do that?" I yelled. "I didn't do it, its your ball, you're facing the car, you did it." He laughed. I was so mad I was ready to tackle him. But before I could do anything Ryley throws open the screen door with his car keys and turns the alarm off. It only takes him a minute to look at my panicked face. "Oliver." Ryley said sternly, beckoning me over to him. "I-I didn't do it!" I stuttered, nervous now that Ryley was mad. "Don't lie Oliver. You're the one facing the car." Jace said like he's innocent. I saw red.

I stalked over to him and threw a punch, not even caring that Ryley was right there. "Ollie!" I hear Alissa gasp. I don't have time to react before Jace takes a swing at me. I know I'm bleeding but I don't feel the pain, if anything it just makes me angrier. I push Jace back with all of my strength and he falls with me landing on top. I take the opportunity and get a few good punches in before he knees my stomach and ribs. He very easily flipped me over and had me pinned. I bucked up and kneed him in the crotch. He fell off of me and then I was being lifted onto my feet.

I finally came back to reality and I didn't need to look to know who pulled me up. "What the hell is wrong with you?" Ryley scolded, swatting my thigh harshly. He pulled me in front of him and crouched down to look at my face. The adrenaline had worn off and I was starting to feel how sore I was. He grabbed my face and turned it, running his thumb under my eye, making me hiss. I can feel myself tearing up, maybe from pain, or maybe from the look Ryley is giving me. "Don't cry now tough guy." Ryley said harshly, making me cry more. I don't want scary Ryley right now.

I finally look around and see that Jace is gone and Kyle and Alissa are looking at me awkwardly. "Get your ass on the porch." Ryley ordered when Jace and his dad came outside. I ran to obey and sat on the edge of the porch, letting my feet dangle.