Chapter 27 - Sports Festivals Suck

Kimi's POV

A week had passed since Keigo and I became official and honestly it's been amazing. He has been staying over at my apartment and in all honesty it has really put me at ease given that the fire quirk user is still out there. He had assured me that his agency had everything under control, but the cold yet familiar blue gaze still haunted my mind in the dark hours.

Although Keigo consumed most of my free time, my work life was beyond hectic. The legendary UA sports festival was upon us and that could mean only one thing ... the infirmary would be busier than ever.
Recovery Girl had been buzzing about in a panicked state for the past few hours preparing beds and checking supplies knowing that we were in her words 'on the front lines of a war'. Anyone would have shook their heads at her words but from past experience I can confirm it can be pretty bad. From burns to limb lacerations, the festival was no laughing matter and all eyes were on class 1A following the villain attack at the USJ. My heart was in my mouth most of the day thinking of Shoto and what awaited him in the arena.

"Okay everything looks to be in order, if you want to have a look around the stalls now is the time Kimi dear." Recovery Girl smiled. Her eyes held both satisfaction at her preparation skills but also scrutiny as she looked around the room once more to ensure she hadn't forgotten anything.

"Are you sure? Can I get you anything?" I asked grabbing my purse from where it lay on the cupboard. Recovery Girl shook her head lightly before ushering me out and more than likely going back to surveying the room.

It was so busy that even the air around UA seemed to buzz. Groups of people flocked to the food stalls that lined the grounds whilst nervous students walked around in their sports uniform eyeing up the various heroes that walked through the crowds of people. I decided to get a hot chocolate from a warm drinks stall, making sure to buys a green tea for Recovery Girl who I knew was very fond of the herbal infusion.

"Is that the sound of angels singing or just my beautiful girlfriend?" I heard behind me before a warm arm wrapped around my waist gently pulling me into an all too familiar fur lined torso.

"Hey Birdy, what are you doing here?" I smiled up at him. Keigo and I had agreed that it would be best for me to refrain from using his real name in public, yet calling him Hawks felt too formal. The name "Birdy" had started as a joke but had really grown on me. Although Keigo initially didn't like it and wanted me to call him a more conventional term like 'babe' or 'baby', he too grew to enjoy the cute nickname.

"Can't I come to see my girl in her natural environment?" He asked with fake offense as I raised a brow.

"So you've come to distract me at work?" I teased as he shook his head in defence.

"Well ... strictly I'm here on business. You know scouting future interns and all that. Though if I end up developing a cold later I wouldn't mind a certain nurse to help warm me up!" He said with a cocky grin, leaning in just enough to have his hot breath fan across my right ear. I felt myself shiver lightly at the sensation but pushed it aside in a professional manner.

"Not the traditional treatment for cold but I'll see what I can do! Though first I should get these back to the infirmary. Don't get yourself into trouble while I'm gone!" I repremanded with a playful wink. Keigo gave me a bemused look before scoffing.

"Of course not! Where's the fun in trouble if you're not with me to help cause it Babybird?!" He chuckled before waving me off with a smile.

***Timeskip***

Recovery Girl was grateful for the green tea but it was short lived as the first year sports festival was about to begin. I had promised Shoto I would come cheer him on but an even bigger part of me wanted to be there to ensure he didn't get hurt. The crowds in the stands roared as 1A walked through the tunnel and into the main body of the stadium, Shoto looking ahead ignoring their encouragement before our eyes met and he flashed me the smallest of smiles whilst I mouthed "good luck".