Chapter 4 - Peppermint Baby Boi

Present Day

Kimiko's POV

This has officially been the weirdest first day back ever. I got stalked by some creep trying to embody slenderman, assaulted the number 3 hero with my bag, flew through the sky and now have Hawks' personal number and a flirtatious invitation to use it.

As I stared down at the business card judging his messy chicken scratch, the loud screech of "I love you, bitch. I ain't never gonna stop lovin' you, bitch" came from the couch.
I looked up to see Peanut strutting from one pillow to the next giving me some serious side eye.
"I get that mom loves you and all but seriously, letting you fly around the house while I'm gone?" I question, a tik appearing on my temple. My mom refers to Peanut as her feathered grandchild and so her putting him back in his cage rarely happens, which usually results in my furniture being destroyed by his claws and his ... excreetment.
I gazed around as I made my way to the sassy bird, nothing looked in too bad of a condition, though the pillows are looking a bit ruffled up.

"Did you miss me?" I asked scratching his head affectionately.

"AHH! Stahhp. I coulda dropped mah croissant!" He screeched back but rubbed his head into my finger tips enjoying the somewhat sweet moment.

At that point my phone began to blast the Attack on Titan theme song, and resisting the urge to dance, I answer it.
"Hello? Kimi? Would it be alright if I came over?" a low voice spoke from the other end of the phone. But of course I recognised it right away.

"No problem Sho!" I replied still scratching Peanuts head who began to shake his leg like a dog.

"I'm on my way." With that he hung up.

Okay first off - rude. Though I didn't expect any less. Shoto Todoroki was always a bit blunt when it came to conversation. Some may have found it weird that I was still in contact with the Todorokis but I couldn't help it. My childhood was spent in their household (much to Endeavor's annoyance).

Fuyumi was the sister I never had. Natsuo was an annoying brat but none the less hilarious. And Shoto, I watched him shift from a sweet little bunny to a cold, detached kid. All because of Endeavour. Endeavor has so much to answer for. He drove Touya away. He locked his wife in a mental facility. And he shaped Shoto into the socially awkward boy he was today. Every fiber of my being hates that man. But that doesn't stop me from loving his kids like family.

My thoughts were broken by an authoritative knock at my door.
"Hello my dear boy" I greeted in a posh English accent as I opened the door revealing the dual-haired teen.

"Hey" Shoto mumbled kicking off his shoes before sitting on my couch bringing his knees up to his chest. Well make yourself at home why don't you?
"I'll make some tea and we can talk about whatever's bothering you," I smiled softly moving towards the kitchen.

By the time the tea was ready and I made my way back into my living room, Peanut had made himself comfortable on Shotos shoulder, rubbing his beak affectionately against his right cheek.

"I start UA tomorrow." Shoto mumbled, taking his tea and nodding in thanks.
"I know. As if I could forget that my precious baby boy is one step closer to being a hero!" I cooed gently ruffling his dual toned hair. He gave me a small glare and lightly swatted my hand away.
"I just ... I don't know. My old man is going on about how important it is. How this is my first real step towards succeeding All Might. It's like the only reason I'm going is to fulfill his goals and its pissing me off." He glared at his tea, the hand that once rested on his left thigh was now clenched tightly.
I set my teacup down and grabbed his left hand squeezing it reassuringly.
"Sho. Forget about everything that man has said. Do you want to be a hero?" I asked, staring into his two tone eyes with determination.
He hesitated before looking down and smiling slightly.
"It's all I've ever wanted."
"Then there you go! Tomorrow isn't about him. It's about you, so don't let him ruin it okay?" I smiled moving my head to try and meet his gaze.

He squeezed my hand tightly looking up at me with a small smile.
"Thanks Kimi. You always know what to say." He mumbled and my heart clenched. Ahh my sweet little peppermint cinnamon bun!
I pulled him into a hug, rubbing my face against his cheek and almost spilling his tea in the process.

"Aww my baby boy is growing up so fast" I fake sobbed causing his to push me off and mock glare at me.

"Okay, enough of that. I should probably head home anyway, it's a big day tomorrow. But thanks Kimi, I mean it. You'll... you'll be there tomorrow, right?" He asked, seeming hesitant.

"Of course I will! If you need anything just swing by the infirmary. Though you better not get hurt on your first day, it'll set up a bad habit!" I grinned as we both got up and made our way over to the door.

Peanut, who was not happy about his favourite dual-haired teen leaving, began to squawk loudly and peck at Shoto's head whilst he struggled to put his shoes back on.
After witnessing his struggle I grabbed the bird before he could do any real damage and cuddled him against my chest.

"Do you want me to walk you home kiddo?" I asked as Shoto opened the door.

"No, I'm good." He smiled softly before pulling me into a loose hug, making sure not to crush our feathered friend.

"Thanks again Kimi" he mumbled shyly.

"You're welcome Sho" I smiled before I closed the door and began washing the tea cups. Completely forgetting about the business card in my pocket, I began getting ready for bed. Shoto was right, tomorrow is going to be a big day.

Hello readers!

Sorry I haven't been updating! I'm currently in the process of moving house (yay) and getting distracted by all the random crap I'm finding when clearing out my room!

I'll try and update more regularly *bows head*

Lara
Xoxo