Chapter 72 - The amazing Tamaki

Kimi's POV

The days spent in the hospital started off relaxing but quickly turned to boredom. They insisted I stay in so they could run proper tests into how the experiments may have impacted my body or if there were any lasting effects, apart from the obvious scars that now littered my body from head to toe. However, the daily visits from Keigo and my parents definitely helped, especially when my mom snuck Peanut in to be 'reunited with his momma'.

Just as Keigo had arrived to give me my 'daily dose of love and affection' also known as breakfast, there was a knock at my room door. I shared a confused glance at Keigo before calling "come in" at my unknown visitors.

"Morning Kita, Hawks. I thought I'd swing by and see how you were. Someone else also really wanted to see you." Aizawa said lightly, stepping aside to reveal Eri who had been clutching his hand tightly. I hadn't seen anyone from UA apart from Recovery Girl since entering the hospital but seeing Aizawa was wonderful. We weren't by any means close but seeing another familiar face was calming. Seeing Eri on the other hand was shocking. She looked so different! The scared little girl with bandaged arms and legs was wearing a puffy red and gold dress, her long pale blue hair brushed and tied into two, albeit messy, pigtails. She no longer looked like the traumatized child I had grown to know, but your average everyday child.

"Kimi!" She exclaimed once our eyes met, letting go of Aizawa's hand she ran towards my bed and I helped lift her up, placing her on my lap as I had done so many times before in the Hassaikai HQ.

"I missed you!" She called as I wrapped my arms around her in a tight hug before pulling back to smile at her.

"I missed you too sweetie! I heard your staying with Eraserhead!" I said looking over at Aizawa with a knowing smile, who just rolled his eyes.

"Yes! Mr Eraser gave me my own room and he even showed me Hikaru and Kaoru, they're real Kimi!" She said quickly nodding her head with every word.

"That's awesome, told you he was a cat mom!" I smirked as Aizawa sighed loudly at my words but didn't deny them.

"I know you!" She suddenly said breaking away to look at Keigo in wonder.

"Really, well I've heard all about you too! I'm-" Keigo began before Eri cut him off.

"You're 'funny bird man'!" She exclaimed causing Keigo's mouth to fall open whilst Aizawa and I snorted at the name.

"I may have told her a few stories, and some of the characters may have been inspired by real people and events." I explained.

"That's right! But most people call me Hawks, it's nice to finally meet you Eri!" Keigo smiled offering her a strawberry from the bowl he had brought with him.

***Timeskip***

Aizawa and Eri stayed for a few hours, helping us finish off breakfast, with Eri discovering she had an incredibly sweet tooth. But by mid-morning they had to return home, with the promise that Keigo and I would babysit at any time.

"You really are great with kids you know that?" Keigo smiled at me whilst we both laid down in my bed, a bit of a tight squeeze but comfortable none the less.

"Yeah but she's such a sweet girl it would be impossible not to love her. You aren't too bad yourself Mr Funny Birdman." I joked pinching his cheek.

"Ha thanks for that by the way. You couldn't have went with something more realistic like ... Mr Handsome Birdman, Mr Amazing Birdman ... Mr Sexy Birdman?" He mused giving me a soft peck on the lips.

"Not sure those are the words I would use when describing you to a six year old Birdy." I laugh back coming up to run my hands through his golden locks.