Chapter 9 - Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Kimiko's POV

I take back every nice thing I ever said about Fuyumi.

The violet dress she had picked out for my date clung to me like a second skin and the heels she requested I wore cut of the blood flow to my toes. Gazing at myself in the mirror, I had to admit, the outfit looked nice. But it wasn't me. I told myself that I would be honest during this date and this outfit, as pretty as it is, is anything but reflective of my personality.

I began searching through my closet in an attempt to find something slightly more comfortable and settled on a plain black knee length dress that flared out at the waist. Although the bodice was bodycon, it would feel ike pyjamas compared to the torture device that Fuyumi picked out. I slipped off the heels, much to the appreciation of my toes and placed my favourite black converse beside my outfit. It looks good and more importantly it looked comfortable. I smiled to myself before glancing at the clock to see I had another 15 minutes before Hawks got here. God, why does 15 minutes feel like both alarmingly quick and slow at the same time?!

I struggled like a dying seal out of the original dress and slipped on my new one alongside my converse. After glancing at myself in the mirror once more and nodding with approval I froze. The locket Touya gave me still hung around my neck. It was simple and perfect, the only piece of jewelry I had ever worn consistently since receiving it.

But should I take it off?

I wanted this to be a fresh start. I want to move on but the memories of Touya pulled me back like gravity. My fingertips danced along the cold metal locket and my mind was taken back to when I first received it.

Flashback Kimiko's POV

I was sitting cross legged on my bedroom floor gently rubbing Peanut's feathered head as he rested beside me. As of 2 minutes ago I was officially 16. I wasn't really too bother about it but having received a text from Touya at exactly midnight waking both myself and Peanut from our sleep, the feeling of the future began to sink in. I was 16 now. My teacher would be handing out career forms this year. The future was stretched out in front of me, a twisting ambiguous path, waiting for me to make a move. But the only problem is I have no idea what I want to do. Most people my age wanted to be heroes. Did I want to be one too? My quirk isn't exactly suited for fighting. Besides Touya always goes on about how awful heroes are anyway. But should that even impact my decision? As I sighed heavily two cold hands covered my eyes from behind.

"Guess who?" Hot breath fanned out against my ear making me shiver but also tense up with surprise. I spun around at an alarming pace only to be greeted with the sight of my boyfriend Touya. His red hair was messier than usual and deep set bags rested under his eyes. He looked both exhausting and enticing.

"Touya!" I yelled, glomping him, startling Peanut and knocking both Touya and myself to the ground.
Touya let out a muffled laugh but allowed his arms to wrap tightly around my waist.

"Shh not so loud babydoll, your parents might hear" he whispered out in a raspy voice close to my ear.
I pulled back slightly to gaze at him once more. His father had sent him off to a governmental training facility for the past few months and seeing him had become such a rare occasion. I got so giddy at his birthday text, thinking it was the closest form of contact I would get with him for now. But being in his lap with his warm arms locking me in place wrapped me up in a familiar comfortable blanket.

"You sound so raspy?" I mocked in a deep voice. He lightly giggled before pressing his face to the crook of his neck and inhaling deeply.

"Just over using my quirk. Don't worry about it. I missed you doll" he mumbled against my skin. I could tell he wanted to avoid the topic of his training so I'd let it slide for now.