Chapter 5 - Broccoli's Broken Finger

Author note-
Anything in italics is texting. Thanks in advance for reading! 💛

Kimi's POV

Well it is official. The universe hates me.

Although I managed to get up in time, a villain decided that he would destroy the train tracks in the process of escaping a hero. Hence I am running late for the second day in a row. I glanced at my phone once I exited the station. 8:47. I seriously had 13 minutes to get to work and that was not going to happen. I signed getting ready to pick up the pace when a deep voice spoke from right behind me.
"So, you add me to your phone yet?"

I squeeked loudly and spun around quickly, my heavy shoulder bag whacking the stranger around the arm.

"Oh, is this how you greet all the guys?" grinned Hawks rubbing his arm lightly. Damn he looked good in his hero outfit. Now that it was bright I was finally able to take it properly. The skin tight black top, and fur lined tan jacket worked surprisingly well. But I seriously don't have time to drool over him right now.

"Just the ones who start a conversation by breathing down my neck" I defended, reajusting my bag strap.

"So ... have you?" He asked putting his hands in his pockets and looking almost shy.

"Have I what?" I tilted my head still hyper aware of the fact that I am going to be late.

"Have you added my number to your phone?" He laughed

"Oh, no actually, not yet anyway. Look I'm sorry but my train was delayed and I'm going to be seriously late if I don't run right now, but it was nice seeing you again!" I say starting to turn away.

"Hold up chickadee, why didn't you say?" He smiled turning around and bending down for me to get on his back again.

"Is this how you act with all the girls?" I laughed mimicing his words whilst climbing onto his back. I'm not going to complain if it gets me to work on time. He looked over his shoulders at me whilst holding onto my thighs making sure I was securely positioned on his back.

"Only the cute ones baby bird" he winked. "Besides it's kind of my fault. I was the one chasing the villain and messing up the tracks."

"Well then I thank you for your civic duty and your taxi service." I smiled as we took off into the sky.

"As much as it seems like I stalk you, you know given how we met, but I don't actually know where you work." Hawks spoke as I buried my head in his neck, feeling his furry coat tickle my nose.

"Oh yeah, haha. I work at UA." I said slightly awkwardly.

"Give me five minutes cutie" he said speeding up slightly.

"So you a teacher at UA? I thought they only hired pros and I haven't heard about you on the hero scene. Trust me I would have remembered if I did." I could literally hear him smirking.

"Oh, you haven't heard of me and my many heroic feats?" I asked sounding offended. However, after he started stuttering I decided to let him out of his misery.

"Just kidding! I'm not a hero. At least not a real one. I work in the infirmary with Recovery Girl. I've got a healing quirks and have a license to use it in public but I'm more of a school nurse than a hero" I laughed watching him relax slightly knowing he didn't offend me.

"Well in that case I wouldn't mind playing doctors and nurses with ya cutie" he smirked and I felt myself stiffen.

"You do realise I would be hitting you upside the head if we weren't currently airborne right?" I question in a monotone voice.