Chapter 45 - The Day I Died

Kimi's POV

"So you're the amazing healer I've been hearing so much about." Came a nasaly voice behind me and my blood ran cold.

I don't exactly know what I was expecting the leader of the League of Villians to look like, but it certainly wasn't this. He stood with a slouch in this shoulders and his hands resting by his sides, twisted awkwardly so his palms faced outward away from his body. His hair was about the same length as Keigo's, maybe a little longer and fell in light blue waves around his face giving off a childish air. But the most noticable aspect was his face itself. His lips, which were curled into a sadistic grin, were badly chapped and looked as though they would crack and bleed if he spoke further. His skin made him look uncharacteristically old with deep set wrinkles cut as though by a knife into the skin surrounding his eyes. His eyes though ... have I seen them before? They were a vibrant shade of red and drew my mind instantly away from my surrounding with unease.

"So how are you finding your stay? I see Kurogiri has given you more ... appropriate attire." He said in his nasaly tone before he took a seat beside me and sipped at a drink Kurogiri had left out for him before he had left me alone with the strange blue haired male.

"Yeah umm thanks ... have we met before?" I asked unable to stop myself from blurting out the question. Damn, if I only recognise him from wanted posters or something this is going to be super awkward.

"Ah so you remember? That's interesting ..." he weased with a small smile. So is he not going to tell me where I saw him before or...? The silence lasted another moment before I guessed he wasn't going to give me a real answer. Up close he actually looked relatively young, despite the withered creased skin around his eyes.

"Dabi has been pleading your case as a healer for the League. That isn't exactly like him, do you know each other?"

"No!" I answered a little too quickly.

"We just met today ... he must have seen me heal someone before." I said knowing it was probably the story Touya would use if he was asked the same thing.

"Interesting. It seems I'm not the only member of the league who has had their eyes on you. Though I'm glad that you remember me and not him." He said once again giving me a small smile that made it hard to believe he was the leader of the notorious League of Villians.

"So who is hurt? You need a healer right?" I asked praying he wouldn't hear Bakugou escaping.

"Ahh yes. Well my bullet wounds have healed but I could use some help with ..." he trailed off and indicated to his neck looking a little embarrassed. I hadn't noticed before, having been too distracted by his withered complexion and unrealistically red eyes, but his neck was littered in scratches and open wounds. I learned in to get a closer look at them and heard Shigaraki take a sharp intake of breath.

"Sorry, may I?" I asked my hand almost grazing his neck. He doesn't seem that bad but I can't let looks deceive me, he's still the leader of the League and he's still responsible for all the attacks they've carried out on UA students. I places my hand on his throat and watched him flinch slightly at the contact, his scratched skin dry and irritated against my palm.

"Your neck will start to feel warm but that's okay." I said as I activated my quirk and began to heal his neck, a purple glow encasing it and seeming to forcefully seal the open wounds. Within a minute the scratches were gone, the only evidence they were ever there being a small residue of left over dry blood that had been caked into his skin for goodness knows how long.

"There you go, all better." I said retracting my hands and sounding just like I did when treating a student. The lack of cursing behind me made my more hopeful that Bakugou had escaped but I don't know how much longer I can keep Shigaraki distracted. Though it won't even matter if Kurogiri or one of the other members notice first.