Chapter 10- Date with a Flirty BirdBoi

Authors note

Hello beautiful readers! Long chapter ahead so grab a cup of tea and prepare for a flirty Hawks

xoxo

Kimiko's POV

"Hey baby bird! You look good enough to eat!" Hawks greeted me as soon as I opened the door. This was the first time I had seen Hawks without his hero clothes and needless to say I was not disappointed. He wore a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket and jeans. His t-shirt clung tightly to his torso, showing off the lean muscles beneath and the smell of crisp leather invaded the otherwise plain hallway. One of his hands rested casually against my door frame whilst the other hung lazily at his side. His sharp eyes took me in and made me feel a little self conscious. Breathe Kimi! Breathe!

"Hey Hawks! You aren't wearing clothes. I mean your hero clothes! Of course you are wearing clothes! I mean you aren't a nudist and that would be awkward ... " I started muttering out looking anywhere but at him.

My panicked thoughts were broken by Hawkes loud laughter. I looked up to see him bent over clutching his stomach and wiping tears from his eyes.

"Damn baby bird! You don't have to be so nervous! Unless this is your way of saying you want to see me naked?" He grinned and half of my body's blood supply rushed to my face.

"That-that is definitely not what I meant!" I exclaimed.

"Okay kid! Sheesh you're gonna hurt my feelings. You ready to go?" He smiled holding his hands up in mock surrender.

"Yeah! And ... I'm sorry for being nervous. It's just been a while since I was on a date." I manage to say after closing my door and scratching my head awkwardly.

"Don't worry about it kid, it's actually pretty cute! Besides I don't exactly date a lot either". He smiled linking his arm in mine as we walked out of my apartment complex and under the city lights.

"Uh huh. I totally believe you Mr. Smooth." I laughed lightly, feeling slightly more relaxed even if I didn't really believe him.

"Hey it's true! I know I may seem like a feathered Casanova but I actually don't get a lot of free time to date."

"And my charm and grace won you over?" I teased nudging him lightly as we walked.

"That and I'm a bit of a masochistic, you hitting me with your bag really did it for me" he grinned sending me a wink to show he was joking ... I hope.

"I mean I was going to go easy on you tonight but if you keep that up I may have to hit you with my purse".

"Is that a promise?" He smirked as we came to a stop outside a small restaurant. Hawks opened the door for me and gestured for me to go in.

"Ladies first" he ushered with a posh voice.

"Why thank you kind sir." I replied with an equally awful posh accent.
Maybe this won't be so bad. I mean he seems pretty relaxed if not terribly flirty and there hasn't been any awkward silences yet. Though that might happen once we sit down. Oh my God what if he hates the way I eat? Why did I not think of that? What if -

My thoughts were cut off as Hawks shifts his arm to rest around my waist, pulling me flush against his side.

"Reservation for Hawks please" Hawks said to the awestruck waiter.

"Wow it's really you! We thought it was a fake and no one would show up!" The waiter, who's nametag said "Shino", gushed before composing himself and leading us to a private booth at the back of the restaurant. He took our drinks orders and hurried off, probably to tell the other staff about his encounter with the number 3 hero.