Chapter 58 - Half-hot half-cold party

Author's Note

Surprise! Two updates in one day! I'm hoping to have the whole book written in the next 2 weeks so should be able to get out 2 chapters per week. Enjoy!

Lara xx

Kimi's POV

I had been recovering quickly from the surgery but even though it was relatively minor Keigo had not stopped fawning over me like a newborn. If I so much as went to get a cup of tea, his feathers would fly off in a second, making me my tea and giving me a foot rub for good measure.

"Birdy I really appreciate your concern but it doesn't even hurt anymore. You don't have to baby me so much." I sighed after he once again swooped in to put on some laundry.

"But you are my baby Babybird." He smirked wrapping his arms around my waist and encasing us both in his wide wings.

"I just want to make you happy and I don't want you over exerting yourself." He whispered, nuzzling his nose against my own.

"I know and I really appreciate it, but I'm not made of glass you know?"

"Okay, okay I'll ease up. But think of this as a trial run for the future. When we have kids I'm not having you lift a finger." He grinned wriggling his little finger for me to make a pinky promise.

"Okay deal birdbrain." I laughed intertwining our pinkie and pulling him in for a lazy hug.

"So what are the plans for today?" He asked me. I had taken some time off to recover and like the doting nurse he is Keigo also took some annual leave to look after me.

"Well it's the licensing exam today so I wanted to check in with Shoto. He hasn't replied to any of my texts yet though so he must still be there." I mused as Keigo began to rock us back and forth, his hands resting on my hips, fingers drawing small circles against the skin above my waistband.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. His dad's the number one hero now, how can he not pass."

I felt myself freeze and glare at him. He knew all about my hatred for that man and it still annoyed me that he idolised him so much but we can't always agree.

"Shoto's nothing like him though. I don't really know much about the hero licensing process but I've heard it's pretty deadly?" I questioned.

"It wasn't so bad when I took it but the world was a little different then. They'll probably shake things up with everything that happened to All Might." He said lightly, ignoring my reaction to the mention of Endeavour.

"What did they have you do?" I asked genuinely interested. We rarely spoke a out Keigo's past, given his childhood I didn't want to reopen any old wounds.

"Oh just the usual. Fight some bad guys, save some civilians. Dazzle the moderators with my unparalleled charm." He smirked, his hands moving further down to cup my butt before they reached further to lift me up by the back of my thighs.

"Oww and what charm is that?" I teased as he moved us towards the couch.

"Don't you worry Babybird, I'm more than happy to remind you with a physical demonstration." He smirked, littering my neck with kisses.

Guess I'll try calling Shoto again later.

***Timeskip***

It was just after 3PM when a knock came from our front door. We had spent the majority of the day lounging on the couch, our limbs draped across one another in a huddled mess.

"I'll get it!" Keigo smiled pecking my forehead for the millionth time that day and making his way to the door.

"Hey buddy! How're you? Come on in." Keigo greeted stepping out of the way to allow Shoto in. As his figure came into sight I could already tell something was wrong. His shoulders were hunched and his arms hung loosely at his sides  though his fists were clenched uncomfortably. He had been visiting Keigo and I almost every day since his first visit and his lack of response to Keigo's cheerful greeting just confirmed my theory. The licensing exam hadn't went well.