Hawks Ending

Recap

I don't belong in the League, you know that." I whispered back.

"I know. But it doesn't have to be the League. We can go anywhere. If giving up the League, giving up that ideology is what it takes for us to be together I'll do it in a heartbeat! Please Kimi. I love you and we can ran away together. Anywhere. We can go to ... Iceland! You always wanted to go there right? We could see the northern lights, live in a cabin somewhere. We can leave all this behind. Just you and me. Have the future we always dreamed of!" He reasoned, his voice coming out hushed but fast, as though he could see the future he had just painted before his very eyes and it would disappear once his words stopped.

"Touya ..."

Kimi's POV

"I know it's crazy doll but we can start again! I don't regret walking away from my father but walking away from you was the biggest mistake of my life. I love you doll and I'd give anything to be with you again."

"I can't. I just ... you once meant everything to me Touya and I will always care for you. But I love Keigo. When you left you took a part of me that I never thought I'd get back. But ... I did. I grew more in those years without you than I think I ever have and finding Keigo only helped me more. What I share with Keigo is different than what we once had but it doesn't make it any weaker. I'm sorry Touya, I can't walk away from my life, even for you." I finish, tears welling in my eyes at my own worlds. Touya walked away from me to live a life on the run, I'm not about to do the same thing to Keigo.

"So the bird's name is Keigo huh? I still think he suits 'stupid chicken' more ... please don't cry doll. Look obviously I want you to come away with me but if he makes you happy, then that's good enough for me. I suppose I always knew it was a long shot, and definitely a selfish request on my end but if I didn't ask then I knew I'd always regret it."

"What will you do now? You don't have to go back to the League you know. You can still have a fresh start?" I ask hopefully.

"I've lived as a villian for so long but ... maybe you're right. I'll think about it doll. And don't worry I won't be a stranger if you don't want me to be." He said passing me a scrap of paper with messy numbers written across it. My heart swelled at his words.

"If you can't read it don't worry, that chicken has it saved anyway. But ... I don't think we'll be seeing each other anymore, I don't think I can take that." He smiled sadly pulling me into another tight hug. I inhaled deeply, his smokey scent mixed with the leather of his jacket leaving me slightly intoxicated.

"I love you doll." He murmured, his cold lips once again pressing against the crown of my head.

"I know. I'll always love you too." I breathe squeezing him tighter in my arms as though this is the last time he will be here.

*** The following day ***

The early sun cast a lazy yellow glow over the white hospital room yet it came as no surprise, I had been awake for hours. I had watched the dark world fade and beams of orange and red danced through the little window, I had overseen the shadows of my bedside table stretch across the room as the sun rose, and on any other day I would have marveled at the sight. But instead my eyes were red and painful, puffy from the long gone tears that had dried upon my cheek as Touya left for who knows how long. It was selfish of me to grieve, stupid even, he had left me before and yet this time it seemed far more final than it ever had. Sure I had a means of contacting him, but what's to say he won't reply? What's to say this wasn't the last time I would ever see Touya Todoroki alive again?

"Good morning songbird I come baring breakfast, I got those little pastries from that bakery you like!" Keigo cheered as he walked into the room, smiling widely with a brown paper bag in his hand, the smell of which made my mouth water involuntarily.