Chapter 19 Sister from Another (Hothead) Mr.

Dabi's POV

I once again found myself wandering the streets surrounding Kimi's apartment. The familiar back streets offered some form of comfort. Not only was it dark enough to hide my scars from passersby, not that there ever were many. But it also reminded me of her. I had watched her walk these streets to and from UA so much, that my subconscious now connected the two. I might not be able to feel Kimi, but I can trace the wet pavement that she stepped on ever day. I could smell the same cherry blossoms that lined her street.

As my mind wandered back to her I heard a distant shout of "I don't think so!" Followed by a large bang. The bang didn't worry me but the familiar voice made my heart race. That was definitely Kimi. I ran down the street, keeping close to the tree line to avoid being spotted and to use the leaves to cushion my heavy foot steps.

I watched her shoot a force field at a man's tongue that was wrapped tightly around her waist. He recoiled upon impact and left out muffled curses as Kimi made her escape. Anger consumed me and I felt my quirk activating under my skin, burning me from the inside. It courses through my veins as a crept towards this bastard who dared to lay a hand on my Kimi.

After rubbing at his tongue he started running after her and I knew I had to end this. It was dangerous to activate my quirk so close to her home but right now none of that matters.

"Hey Creep!" I call out in a gruff voice. He looked up at me, initially in anger before pure fear spread across his face. With a tremble,he called out to me in a feeble attempt to stop my approach.

"Hey buddy, I'm not looking for any trouble."

"Yeah? Well you're getting it. No one hurts my girl." I say preparing to torch this bastard. I watch him open his mouth before I extend my hand and his strangled cry echoes for a second through the silent street. I haven't used my quirk this openly in a while and driven by my anger, I felt the flames scorch the skin of my palm. I knew I would need to stitch myself back up again but the thoughts of what this man may have intended to do to Kimi played over in my head and kept my quirk going until he was no more than a pile of ash. I slowly de-activated my quirk, my heart pounding as I looked at the remains of the stranger on the wet tarmac. It felt like a heavy weight had been lifted off my chest. The anger, the sadness, the jealousy I had been feeling these past few weeks had been released in a fiery inferno and left me in a calm state of serenity.

Upon releasing a breath I didn't know I was holding I heard a soft gasp to the right. The thought of releasing my quirk for a second time to 'remove' whoever saw me, made me excited. I hadn't let go like this in so long, and this was just what I needed. The fact that I got to kill someone who hurt my Kimi was just an added bonus.

My head snapped in the direction of the onlooker and I emitted my own gasp. There, a few feet away from me was Kimi. She was crouched down in the hallway of her apartment looking out through the tiny window. But her violet eyes managed to shine like stars under the small porch light above the doorway. It had been so long since I starred into those eyes. Years had passed and the richness of my memories seemed to make them fade. But here, standing before me, they were brighter than ever. They looked like a violet sunrise, with various shades of lilac, swirling like a storm around her wide pupils. My throat went dry. She knows. She knows it's me.

The lights in the upper windows started to go on. People must have heard that bastard's scream from earlier. Before the police could arrive and more importantly before Kimi could react I ran. I ran faster than ever before. My lungs and skin burning as my foot falls smacked hard against the wet concrete. The only thought running through my head... I fucked up.

Kimi's POV

My heart wouldn't stop racing, my pulse echoing through my head like a drum beat. This can't be happening. It can't be him. Maybe he had a similar quirk to Touya's, but I never saw Touya be able to cremate someone. He had blue flames but this was a whole other level. I suppose they could have been about the same height but, Touya would never kill someone ... right?