Chapter 34 - The Day That Hosu Burned

Kimi's POV

"We now go live to Hosu City, which finds itself at the centre of an all out villain attack."

I forced my tired eyes to open only to shut them again quickly at the bright flashing lights coming from the television screen. The warmth of Keigo at my back was now gone as he sat upright beside me and leaned forward watching the news transfixed with his hands cupped and his elbows resting on tensed knees.

I groaned and sat upright as the news anchor continued to describe the breaking news in a frenzy, my mind still clouded with sleep. What the hell is going on?

"Officials have reported multiple attacks from unknown villains across the city. With eye witnesses stating the villains possessed multiple quirks. We take you now to the live helicopter footage."

Violent scenes of the gruesome creatures tearing up the city below flashed across the screen, the reporters voice almost drowned out by the shrill shouts below and the beat of the helicopter blades. The once glittering city of Hosu was in flames. Buildings in rubble, citizens clutching one another watching on as their home was destroyed around them. The muffling effect of sleep had completely left me as the horrible scenes unfolded. "What the hell?" I mutter out as Keigo tears his eyes away from the screen to look at me and take my hand squeezing it slightly.

"I'm not sure what's going on, I only woke up a few minutes ago. But this doesn't look like your everyday villain attack. It's too co-ordinated, too wide spread." He said seriously looking back at the screen with concern-filled eyes.

"W-we just have in news that the infamous Hero Killer, Stain, has been detained by none other than the number two hero Endevour!" The news anchor cut in causing both Keigo and I to gasp and lean in closer to the screen. If Endevour is there, that means Shoto is there too. God, he's only fifteen, he shouldn't have to deal with all this trauma so young!

My heart clenched at the thought. First the attack at the USJ now this? Although I didn't have a great knowledge of Stain I had heard from others in the staff room that he had injured the brother of one of Aizawa's students. So much so that he could no longer work as a hero. Engine-man or something like that? I wasn't sure but that and his name as the 'Hero Killer' wasn't exactly instilling much faith in me.

I grabbed my phone that rested on the near by coffee table and began to call Shoto only for it to go directly to voicemail. Damnit! Panic began to rise  and I felt my breathing grow shallow. What if he's hurt? What if he's injured so badly he can never be a hero? What if he's dea-

"Hey, hey it's alright. Look at me Babybird." Keigo called holding my shoulders securely. I looked up into his concerned golden eyes and felt tears well in my own. Don't cry idiot. But it was too late. Thoughts of Shoto being in the hands of that mad man flashed in my mind and only made me panic more.

"It's going to be alright. They said he was detained by Endevour. Detained. He can't hurt anyone." Keigo reasoned rubbing my arms up and down in a soothing motion. He's right. As much of an ass as he is, Endeavour wouldn't have let Shoto get hurt. He's safe. He probably just wasn't answering because he's busy with everything happening. I felt my breathing slow and and nodded my head to let Keigo know I was alright.

"I'm sorry." I manage to croak out, my voice sounding small against the sirens coming from the television.

"You have nothing to be sorry for okay? It's about that kid isn't it? Shoto? I'm sure he's fine. Endeavour wouldn't let anything happen to him and Stain only goes after official heroes. He'll be okay Babybird. I can make some calls with my agency and see if I can get some more information." He said pulling me into a tight hug and moving his wings to wrap around us like a blanket.

I don't know how long we sat like that for but eventually we broke apart to the sound of the Attack on Titan theme song from my phone. I practically flew to it and answered before checking the caller ID.

"Sho?! Are you okay are you hurt?!" I shout down the phone only to be met with a feminine voice.

"Kimi, calm down. It's me Fuyumi. I'm guessing you saw the news too? Dad called me. Shoto's in Hosu hospital along with some of his class mates. They- they fought against Stain. But you can't tell anyone until everything gets sorted okay?"

"I'll be there soon!" I said abruptly looking around for my purse and coat before her voice brought me back to reality.

"No. Listen Kimi. There's nothing we can do at the minute. Shoto used his quirk without a license. We can't draw any more attention to the situation. Dad said he should be home tomorrow and you can come over then, okay?"

"Okay. Yeah you're right Yumi. Thanks for letting me know. Are you okay?" I ask aware that I hadn't even thought of how much this must have been playing on  her mind.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little on edge you know? But it'll all be okay. I'll call you tomorrow when Shoto gets back!"

"Sounds good. If you need anything just give me a call okay? Thanks again for letting me know Yumi." I smiled saying our goodbyes before hanging up and looking up at a concerned Keigo.

"Everything okay Babybird? Is the kid alright?" He asked taking my hand and watching me like a hawk, pun intended.

"Yeah. He's okay. He's in the hospital but he should be out tomorrow." I say keeping quiet about his encounter with Stain. It's not as though I don't trust Keigo but Fuyumi asked me not to tell anyone and I don't even know the full story anyway.

"Good." Keigo sighed releasing a shaky breath.

"Are you going to see him tomorrow? Do you want me to come with you?" He asked as I turned the television off and we both made our way to the bedroom.

"Yeah, Fuyumi is going to give me a call when he gets home. But I think it may be best for me to go by myself, I don't want to overwhelm him so soon after everything." I say climbing under the covers with Keigo and resting my head against his chest, his arms locking around my waist and his wings stretched out beneath us.

"Of course! I can drop you off if you want?" He asked tucking a stray hair behind my ear.

"That's be great ... thanks Keigo for everything. I know I kind of lost it back there but you were so calm, I seriously wish I was more level headed sometimes." I smile placing a kiss on his chest and watching his feathers puff up  slightly at the contact.

"The kid's like your brother, it's only natural for you to be worried. But you don't have to be okay? I am here." He whispered and I couldn't help but laugh slightly.

"Isn't that AllMight's line?" I tease watching him give a look of mock offense.

"Fine, call me out like that. Way to dampen my heartfelt speech Babybird." He teased back clutching his heart in fake despair.

"Silly bird." I whisper with a shake of my head as I pecked his lips softly and murmured a 'goodnight'.