Chapter 36 - How I Met Your Mother

Kimi's POV

I cannot believe it is finally happening. I stared at my own reflection  smoothing out my pale blue blouse for what felt like the tenth time in the past twenty minutes. Following the Hero Killer incident UA was once again thrown into the spot light, though not as directly as the USJ attack. People had started to question the role heroes play in society and why so many resources were being poured into hero schools like UA when villains clearly couldn't be controlled. It was stupid really, one maniac starts raving about what is good and what is bad and suddenly everyone forgets about all the good work heroes have done.

Whilst UA was on edge, my own personal life was starting to sky rocket as well. Today Keigo was finally going to meet my parents (although my father would have to speak via video call, with his latest business trip leaving him in Thailand). I hadn't ever had to introduce my parents to a boyfriend before, given my parents new Touya since he was a small child so the new concept terrified me.

"Aren't I supposed to be the nervous one?" Keigo chuckled at me whilst playing peek-a-boo with Peanut on my couch.

"I've never had to do this before okay! It's easy for you! You're all charismatic with your feathers and your eyebrows." I reply quickly re-checking my bag to make sure I have everything I need for the tenth time.

"My eyebrows? I can think of a lot of other physical attributes to love about me Babybird!" He winked wriggling his bushy eyebrows dramatically.

"No talking like that in front of my mother Birdy. She won't hesitate to slap you." I warned.

"I won't hesitate b*tch!" Peanut screeched as Keigo gently placed him back into his cage lovingly rubbing his head.

"See Peanut gets it!" I laugh looking admiringly at my feathered baby who was nibbling affectionately at Keigo's fingers.

"Well I can see where you get your violence from!" Keigo chuckled before pulling me into a loose hug, rocking us back and forth slightly on the spot.

"It'll be fine okay? I love you and I'll get your mom's approval. Gotta impress the future in laws right?" He grinned watching my cheeks turn red at the insinuation.  I can't decide whether I love or hate how much of an impact he has on me.

"Keep that to yourself as well bird brain. If you aren't careful she'll be booking a wedding band!"

"Haha don't be silly Babybird, we can sort out the music by ourselves, I'm sure I could pull some strings and get us Five Seconds of Summer!" He mocked as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah yeah, mock my music taste later we have to go!" I say booping his nose before I put my shoes on and watch him grab a bouquet of wild foxglove and lupins.

"Okay, so quick question - how did you know those are my mom's favourite flowers?" I ask as we make our way to my parents house, flying courtesy of Keigo.

"I told you before Babybird, I've got resources." He grins as I cling tightly to his back. One thing that has come from dating Keigo, is that heights no longer bother me. They weren't a major issue before but I had become so accustomed to flying at high speeds on his back, the thought of bungee jumping no longer sounded scary. In fact bungee jumping sounded relaxing in comparison to introducing Keigo to my mother. I love my mom but I know how judgemental she can be. A lot of the time people imagine their father giving their boyfriend that stereotypical talk, the whole 'hurt my little girl and you're dead' thing. In honesty, the thought of my 5'2 overly emotional dad threatening anyone was laughable. But my 5'10 powerhouse mother. She can be scary. She once heard Endevour shouting at Touya for pretty much nothing and let's just say I had never seen Endevour so terrified in my life. If she takes a dislike of Keigo, needless to say he doesn't stand a chance.