Chapter 50 - Sorry to crash your party

Hawks POV

I sat in the back of the cold metal van, my knee shaking up and down quickly and my breathing heavier than I wanted it to be. The past few days have been the most nerve wracking of my life. After finding out about Kimi I immediately contacted UA as well as my own agency in an attempt to unite forces. Endeavour, Eraserhead, Grand Torino, Kamiu Woods, Mount Lady, even freaking All Might were helping get her back but I couldn't help but fear the possible outcome.

"You okay son?" Grand Torino who sat beside me asked, staring down at my shaking knees.
"Yeah, of course! Got to love a road trip with the boys!" I chuckle confidently trying to hide my nerves behind a confident demeanour.

"We'll get her back." He whispered patting my shaking knee and making it stop momentarily.

"Thanks..." I trailed off. I'm not used to this. Being vulnerable is something reserved for when I'm by myself or when it's just me and Kimi. But being surrounded by these heroes, it just feels so abnormal. I can't wait to have her back in my arms. It's so strange. I lived my whole life alone. I never knew I needed anyone else but now, being away from Kimi, it felt as though a part of who I am was missing. I was constantly on edge, so was Peanut and not to mention Kimi's mother and father. Hana was on a rampage, single handedly trying to hunt down the League of Villians, whist Kimi's father had flown back to Japan and cried consistently ever since.

"Are you sure you're alright Hawks? We need you sharp in there." Kamiu Woods stated, concern laced in his voice.

"Yeah of course Woods I ... I just want to get my girl back in one piece ... and the kid too of course!" I said quickly feeling All Might's eyes on me.

"Young Kita will be fine Hawks I didn't know you two were ... an item?" He almost questioned. I could feel the others eyes on me awaiting my response but I didn't give them any just a small nod. There is a reason I didn't want the world to know about us and the fact that Kimi was abducted without them knowing our connection was the only blessing in this whole thing. I don't even want to imagine what would happen to her if they knew she and I were together.

The rest of the ride was spent in uncomfortable silence. Each hero occasionally glancing up at the tiny window in the back to register where we were. I told Hana I would get her daughter back today. I told her, when I probably shouldn't have and it had taken me all morning to convince her not to join us with a katana (a weapon which I still don't understand how she got hold of). I have to get her back today. I don't know how I'm going to carry on like this if I don't. The bed feels empty and cold without her. The world around me appears dimmer somehow. Even the feeling of the wind under my wings, just leaves me cold and on edge. When I said hawks mate for life I meant it. I'm getting her back and no one is going to stop me. No one who plans on living anyway.

Within minutes the van pulls to a stop and I can feel my nerves rise even higher. God, I hope she's okay. She has to be, I don't know what I'll do if she isn't okay. We slowly exited the van and half of us made our way to the front door of the bar whilst the other half took the back entrance. All of our intelligence pointed to this being the League of Villians hub. If they were going to keep Kimi and the kid anywhere it would be here.

"Remember the plan. We don't have an exact read on their numbers so Kamiu Woods will disable their movements as soon as we're in. They have a teleport quirk user so get Bakugou and Kita as soon as possible. Understood?" Asked Grand Torino in a serious manner. We all nodded remaining silent before the shady bar. This is really happening. I'm getting my girl back.

With a silent agreement we all get into place and All Might knocks loudly on the door announcing "pizza delivery!" Immediately breaking it down before they have any time to react. Everything seemed to happen all at once, the cool outside air was quickly replaced with the smokey air of the bar and Kamiu Woods managed to shoot out vines capturing all within the front bar. I looked around quickly, scanning the room for any sign of Kimi. Bakugou was clearly tied up in the centre of the room but Kimi didn't seem to be here.

"Sorry to crash your party but I have reason to believe you have a certain lady with you. I'll be needing her back now, thanks" I sneered at who could only be the League's leader, pale blue hands attached all over his body with a particularly withered one masking his face. His arms were bent at an awkward angle making it impossible for him to touch anything but I still kept my distance just incase.

"I wouldn't try anything son." Spat Grand Torino at a tall scarred figure who had just walked in from the back room. I quickly sent out a dozen feathers to search the other rooms, scanning for any sign of life. She has to be here. She has to!

Kimi's POV

I sat on the bed clutching the bloodied towel tightly in my hands. Following the loud bang from the bar Touya had told me to stay here but my heart was in my throat. This could be very good or very bad and the prolonged wait to find out which was nerve wrecking. I hoped it was the heroes to save Bakugou and get me out of here but at the same time I didn't want Touya to get arrested. How selfish is that? After everything that he has done. Everything that he has become. I still can't find it in my heart to stop loving him.

As these thoughts roamed my worried mind a soft sensation stroked my cheek in a comforting fashion. I opened my eyes to see a small red feather barely the size of my finger rubbing against my cheek lovingly and my heart leapt. There can only be one place this feather has come from. As my heart began to pound faster with the thought of Keigo he suddenly appeared in the doorway panting and out of breath.

"B-Babybird?" He whispered, his voice cracking weakly as I faintly nodded with tears filling my eyes. Damn it why are you crying?! But before I could reprimand myself further Keigo had flung his arms around me in a bone breaking hug, his feathers puffing up with several flying out across the room excitedly.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you? God, I'm so sorry baby! I'm so sorry!" He whimpered into the crook if my neck, his shoulders shaking with breathy cries.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I'm okay Birdy, I'm okay." I whispered back running my fingers through his hair and feathers soothingly.

"I'm supposed to be a hero and I couldn't even protect you Kimi." He said lowly. I felt myself crying slightly at the sound of my own name. I had grown so used to his sweet pet names that my own name sounded foreign and awkward in his voice.

"Listen to me. There was nothing you could have done Keigo. Yes, they took me but you got me back. I love you, you silly bird." I smile cupping his face and watching him release a small chuckle before cupping my own face and pulling me in to his lips. I lost myself in the sweet loving kiss momentarily, the loud bangs from the other room being instantly silenced but I was soon struck down with guilt. Touya had kissed me. The kisses shared with Touya were nothing like those shared with Keigo. Scarred lips compared to smooth ones, stapled skin compared to a scratchy beard. But the overwhelming feeling of guilt weighed down upon me.

"What's wrong baby?" Keigo asked pulling back to stare into my eyes, golden hues meeting violet.

"Nothing I just ... can we go home?" I said weakly. I am going to have to tell him at some stage but right now isn't the place.

"Of course Babybird." He nodded with a sympathetic smile before he took off one of his gloves and intertwined our fingers. "I don't want anything to come between us". He chuckled leading me out to the front of the bar. As we entered the front room I was shocked to find the empty room in complete and utter disarray. Bar stools lay broken and haphazardly on the ground, surrounded by shards of glass. No one, hero nor villain were to be seen.

"What happened? Where's Bakugou?" I asked panicking slightly when I couldn't see the angry pomeranian.

"The rest of the heroes must have taken him away with the League. I'll give them a call and see what's happening but for now it would be best for us to get you home." Keigo said in a serious tone, a few of his feathers shooting out to scan the area and make sure we weren't missing anyone.

"Okay." I mumbled out, fear clouding my mind as I climbed onto Keigo's nack and we took off into the air bound for home.