Chapter 32 - No Winged Babies Please

Kimi's POV

After the sports festival, things started to calm down, at least for the most part. The first years were off at their work placements meaning we didn't have to worry about providing medical treatment for the reckless little nuggets in 1A. But Touya still played on my mind. I felt less guilty about loving Keigo. The man I once knew in Touya no longer even existed. In a way I was grieving but the feelings of guilt that used to blanket me whenever Keigo and I got too close were gone. Though I still felt guilty about not telling Fuyumi about Touya. Shoto still idealises his brother and I dont want to ruin that but Fuyumi would be so upset if she knew I was keeping this from her.

As I was drowning in a sea of guilt I felt my phone vibrate loudly from my pocket. Before even looking at it I knew it was Keigo. He has been texting me all day with date ideas from 'let's go to an aquarium' to 'I can try and fly us to the moon ... see how far we get.' Needless to say my lazy ass just wants a nice cozy at home date curled up on the couch with popcorn, a movie, and with a significant amount of cuddles from my bird boy thrown in.

Birdy🐔❤
So if I bring popcorn over can we maybe have that date tonight?🧐

Before I could even respond however he text me again and made my heart hurt like the adorable little chicken nugget he is.

Birdy🐔❤
I miss you and don't want to wait until tomorrow to see you 🥺

Kimi-kickass 💜
If you bring popcorn AND icecream you can stay over 😘

Birdy🐔❤
You have a deal! I'll meet you at UA after work and fly us home so you don't have to walk home alone! See you soon Babybird! Xx

I smiled like an idiot at my phone, he said 'fly us home' so casually. As I gazed down at my phone in a happy haze, Recovery Girl walked in and just shook her head with a smile.

"Ah to be young and in love!" She chuckled watching me blush slightly at the comment.

"You know I heard a kid is interning with Grand Torino ... and he's single ... Grand Torino not the kid" I suggested wiggling my eyebrows up and down at her and watching her give me a deadpan look.

"It'll take more than that to get me flustered deary, unlike you ... and Mr. Hawks" she muttered causing the heat to rise to my cheeks. Damnit, you win this time Recovery Girl.

"So when are you next meeting up with this young man?" She asked thoughtfully as I started to put away our supplies.

"Tonight actually." I couldn't help but smile to myself.

"Well ... all I'm saying is you better use protection, I'm not prepared to have you go on maternity leave just yet!" She laughed watching me drop a stethoscope on the ground and choke on air.

"Uhhhhh ... I don't know how to respond to that." I mutter avoiding eye contact. It's not as though the thought hadn't crossed my mind. I mean that would be impossible given the amount of daily innuendos Keigo texts me. But am I ready for that? I mean I love him ... and I want to. But I haven't really been with anyone in that way since Touya.
And once again my thoughts were sucked back to 'Dabi'. I hated him. He poisoned my memories of my sweet Touya and now whenever I think of Touya, I see his face. The face of a cold blooded killer. Though his whispered 'Babydoll' still makes me shudder slightly. It was a pet name that I had only ever heard Touya use and hearing it be uttered by those scarred lips reminded me just how much he has changed.

"Everything okay dear? You know I was only joking right? Not about the protection of course you should definitely use that, but I'll support you whatever happens... has something happened dear?" Recover girl asks in a motherly voice placing her hand on my back.