Chapter 11 - Dear Babydoll

Author note

Just a bit of warning, there are a few curse words in this chapter courtesy of a jealous Dabi. Hope you're enjoying the book!
Xoxo

Dabi's POV

I look like a total creep right now.
I know I do. A heavily scarred creep hiding behind a tree and looking at a girl through her bedroom window. I mean it doesn't get much creepier than that.

I watched her walk to the mirror and look at herself in a skin-tight purple dress. I could tell she was scrutinizing herself, she always did that before a night out. Running her hands over the dress, trying to smooth it out. Damn, she looked good. The dress hugged her like a second skin but she was clearly uncomfortable in it. She always was a chunky cardigan kind of girl. I can't even remember the last time I saw her dolled up like this.

I shouldn't be here. I know I shouldn't. But after one too many drinks the memories of Kimi cropped up and refused to leave. I had to see her to make sure that it wasn't just some dream that my drunken mind had made up. How could someone like her love someone like me? But starring at her from the sidelines was more sobering than I thought.
She was real and she still is but I'm not. I'm the stuff of nightmares. If teenage me could see me now he would probably be terrified. And he would have good reason to be.

Kimi moved towards her wardrobe and I watched as she pulled out a black dress. As she made to put it on I forced myself to turn around. There was a time when her changing in front of me would be as natural as breathing, we were both so at ease with one another. I'll admit I was tempted to look but I don't deserve to see her like that anymore and I'm certainly not going to disrespect her like that.

Turning back around, I could no longer see her and I felt my heart sink a little. Should I get closer? But what if she sees me? Then again technically she already saw me at the hospital and she didn't even recognise me. But would that make it even creepier? She might think I started stalking her after the hospital. What if she- wait who the fuck is that?!

I watched as the same feathered punk I saw her with in the park made his way up to her apartment. He stopped a little away from the front door and I edged closer to hear him muttering to himself.

"Okay Keigo, just take it easy. You like her, she likes you, it'll be fun... God I hope she does like me. Should I have brought flowers? Is it too soon for that? Urgh I don't wanna scare her off. Get a hold of yourself. You're a hero. Why am I so nervous?!"

I could feel my blood boil with every word he muttered. This punk is trying to move in on my girl. Who the hell does he think he is? And he's a hero? Is this guy trying to get me to kill him? I watched as he took a deep breath and walked through the main doors, most likely to meet my Kimi outside her apartment door.

Well this explains why she is so dressed up. I wanted her to move on, or at least I tried to tell myself I did. But did it have to be him? Did it have to be a hero? I waited in silent anger as I watched them leave laughing, with that feathered punk having his arms around my Kimi.

I have never been so jealous is my entire life. Those should be my arms around her. I used to be the one who made her laugh like that. I watched as their figures faded into the distance and once again the world around me fell cold and silent.

I know it's wrong to feel like this. I lost the right to feel like this when I left. But my feet began to move on their own accord towards Kimi's slightly open window. I scaled the tree and managed to slip through the window undetected before I even realised what I was doing.
I thought I was a creep before but this is a line I swore I wouldn't cross. Kimi is out on a date. Clearly she has moved on so why the hell can't I do the same?!