Chapter 15 - Need for Speed

Kimi's POV

The week spent waiting for my next date with Hawks had seriously flown in (no pun intended). The students had returned to school, Aizawa was released from the infirmary, though still looking like a mummy, and I had researched the best hints and tips for go-karting in preparation.

Just as I had gotten changed into leggings and an oversized jumper my doorbell rang indicating the presence of my second favourite bird brain (Peanut will always come first).

"Well hello there kid, don't you look cute today!" Hawks said with a grin moving aside to let me out before throwing his arm around my waist and placing an affectionate kiss on the top of my head.

"Hey H- what are you wearing?" I asked unable to contain my laughter as I looked at his racing overalls. I'll admit, they looked damn good on him but I didn't think we had to dress up as rally racers to go-kart.
"Aww don't pretend you don't love it Babybird! Besides I want to look the part when I kick your ass out there!" He said with a smug smirk.

"Trust me it'll be me kicking your feathered ass!" I mock sticking my tongue out at him playfully.

"Mmmm as nice as that sounds I think I'd prefer you spank it" Hawks smirked as I felt my soul leave my body. Why would he say something like that?! My poor innocent mind!

"Aww did I flustered you? Sorry Babybird, I'll ease up on the teasing for now. You look like you're about to have a nose bleed" He laughed as I pulled my collar up to cover my red face.

"I wonder why!" I mumbled still trying to recover from the embarrassed glow that was still resonating from my cheeks.

After an excessive amount of flirty statements and trash talking about our upcoming bet we finally made it to the track, being greeted by a large man with shiny lime skin.

"Hello and welcome to Go-Kuruma, have you pre-booked?" He asked us loudly, a permanent grin etched across his face. His voice was on par with Present Mic's, most likely from being used to talking over the roar of go-karts and screaming children.

"Yes sir, we're booked under Kimiko Kita!" I reply trying not to stare at my clear reflection in his shiny skin.

"Ahh yes, you requested one kart with extra space?"

"That's right" I say awkwardly indicating to Hawk's large wings.

"Right this way!" He smiled leading us further into the racing grounds.

"Aww look at you being so thoughtful about my wings, thanks Babybird. But I'm still going to win." Hawks grinned holding my hand and giving it a squeeze.

"I actually requested a bigger kart to fit your huge ego" I smirked flicking his head and watching him let out a snort-like laugh.

"My ego isn't the only thing that's big baby..." Hawks whispers before our green skinned host comes back with helmets and starts to talk us through safety measures and how our go-karts operate.

*** Time skip past the safety lecture***

Hawks and I stared at each other from our individual Go-Karts as we waited at the starting line. We had been given helmets however the visor was clear, allowing us to glare at one another, trash talking like angry teenagers in a basket ball game.

"You are so going down Hawks!" I shout preparing to hit the accelerator as soon as the buzzer goes off.

"Only if it's on you Babybird!" He calls back with a wink. I choke on air at the statement and am too caught up to notice that the buzzer has already went and Hawks is gaining distance. Oh no you don't!
I put my foot to the ground and speed off down the track swearing under my breath at the bird brain for making me flustered. I refuse to lose to him! The track consisted of a large figure 8, lined with tires and bright green flags. We would be forced to break harshly at the bends to avoid crashing, though I noticed Hawks trying to avoid applying the brakes at all costs. Allowing my go-kart to slowly creep up on his I began to trash talk.