Chapter 65 - Mistakes were made

Authors note

Warning - Long chapter ahead (and also a good deal of cursing from both Dabi and our favourite angry bird) now that that's out of the way, on with the chapter!

Kimi's POV

I really am starting to get sick of waking up in cold dark places. My head was throbbing as I opened my eyes to see the dark unfamiliar room around me. Pale pillows and bed sheets lay around me and struck in such harsh contrast to the darkened walls they made me wince.

"Urgh" I mumble out shifting in the bed to get up slowly, rubbing at my forehead hoping to ease the pressure of my headache. At least I'm not tied to a chair this time I guess?

"You're awake." Came a small voice from behind me. My head whipped around to meet them, albeit too quickly and the feeling of nausea made me close my eyes. Upon opening them again though I was met with the sight of a little girl who couldn't be any more than six. Her pale blue hair shone out against the dark walls of the room, as did her white dress, and much to my dismay the white bandages wrapped around her arms and legs.

"Hey there what's your name?" I asked trying to calm her. Although I was the one to wake up in this place she looked on the verge of tears, maybe she was brought here too?

"E-Eri. My name's Eri." She whispered out in a sweet voice.

"It's nice to meet you Eri, I'm Kimi. Do you know where we are?" I asked though I wasn't hopeful, I am speaking to a six year old after all.

"Shia Hassaikai. This is where they live, I think. They don't let me go to a lot of the other rooms." She said softly, looking up at me with big red eyes. So Touya wasn't lying, Kenji really did sell me out. How could I have been so stupid?! This is bad, this is really bad. But what is this little girl doing here? I know why they want a healer but why Eri? She might have a healing quirk but surely she can't be powerful enough for them to kidnap her for it? She's just a kid, her quirk must have only manifested about a year or two ago. But even then if they wanted to use her as a healer why does she have all those bandages on her, what have they been doing to her?

"Sweetie what happened to your arms are you hurt?" I ask moving towards her only to watch her back away in fear.

"No! Please don't I- I don't want to hurt you." She defended quickly, her small voice breaking as she spoke. What the hell have they done to this poor kid?!

"Don't worry. My quirk won't let you hurt me. See." I said tentatively reaching out a hand and holding her own small palm in my own. She gazed at me haphazardly for a few minutes before crawling into my lap where I held her closer to my chest. I could hear her unsteady shallow breaths but didn't feel like my quirk was activated at all. Judging by what she said I expected her to have a quirk like Shigaraki's, but that doesn't make sense. Then again how does any of this make sense, I'm in the base of one of Japan's most notorious gangs with a traumatized child.

"What happened to your arms Eri?" I asked again as I ran my fingers through her hair, careful to avoid the horn I now noticed protruding from the right of her forehead.

"Overhaul. He breaks me and puts me together again but it doesn't always heal up right." She murmered, her words muffled as her face pressed in closer to my chest.

"He said you were like me. That you're going to stay here too." She almost asked looking up at me with a sorrowful expression that didn't belong on a child so young.

"I'll let you in on a secret Eri. I don't plan to stay here very long. I have friends who will be looking for me and when they do you and I will get out of here. I promise." I said with a forced smile.