31. Stupid boy

Jungkook hasn't shown up in the restaurant for eight days now and Taehyung was feeling a wince each time he was looking towards the ballroom on his way to the wine basement

Jungkook hasn't shown up in the restaurant for eight days now and Taehyung was feeling a wince each time he was looking towards the ballroom on his way to the wine basement. The clients weren't leaving him tips lately, all surprised by his unpleasant tone and poor service. Taehyung's mum had asked him if there's a major issue in his life this morning and she had offered her help. Even Wind was nervous around him lately, all of them acting weirdly, or was it him, constantly angry and sad, frustrated, torn between the scary truth and the undeniable longing towards Jungkook.

Taehyung couldn't eat much or sleep much, he had broken five plates in the restaurant this week, mistakenly given out twenty wrong orders and miscounted the money twice.

Still it was for the better, he was telling himself, because how could he share his life with someone who had just what, taken a knife then stabbed another person, how many, seventeen times. A cold shiver reached down Taehyung's body, he was suffering under severe nightmares lately all filled with Jungkook murdering people in most cruel ways.

"Not your day again," Hwajo grinned when Taehyung hurried back to the kitchen to bump into him.

"Get lost," Taehyung passed his least favorite person quickly sticking the card with the orders to the board.

"Taehyung! Come up for a moment," Mr. Yoongi's voice caused goosebumps on his skin.

Taehyung sighed following his boss all the way upstairs to his office.

Did Mr. Yoongi find out about his miserable efforts at work lately.

"The clients are complaining about you," Yoongi was calm observing him in an almost parental way Taehyung hated. "You gave out the wrong bill twice, you broke five plates, changed twenty orders, are not approachable by customers or stuff."

"I'm sorry Mr. Yoongi that won't happen again," Taehyung lowered his head.

"Taehyung sit down," Yoongi pointed towards a chair.

"I will raise up my efforts at work, I promise Mr. Yoongi," Taehyung was ready to cry, the last thing he could handle would be a punishment at work.

It was all he had left, his dream of college. Microbiology studies.

"Of course you need to raise up your efforts," Yoongi sighed when Taehyung fell on the chair. "But what worries me more is your behavior towards a certain boy."

"Excuse me!" Taehyung's heart began to pound uncontrollably.

"Many bad things had happened to him, he needs someone to be there," Yoongi was watching him seriously when Taehyung wished to run.

"Mr. Yoongi, I... I was wrong about Jungkook. The person he is... I have acted too carelessly, blended by my youth and hormones. If I had greater life knowledge it would have never had happened."

"Taehyung, what nonsense are you talking about?"

"He is a horrible person Mr. Yoongi and you know that," Taehyung closed his hands into fists to stop them from trembling.

"What are you assuming?" Asked Yoongi his tone changing to strict.

"I'm not assuming, Hwajo had told me what he has done, why he has been in jail. And you know Mr. Yoongi, you know yet you have allowed him to come here to the restaurant and stay all alone in the basement for long hours. What if... what if he would harm someone? A worker or even our guests?" Taehyung was speaking so loudly, almost screaming.

"How does Hwajo know what he has done," Yoongi's gaze was stone cold.

"He has overheard you speaking to Mr. Namjoon," Taehyung lowered his head.

"Taehyung you are right, you're young and dumb. You don't have enough of life knowledge, because if you had you knew that it's the most stupid thing to do to fall judgements based on assumptions and rumors instead of facts."

"B-but Mr. Yoongi, does it mean that Hwajo heard wrongly? Was it a lie? Hasn't he done that?" Taehyung's heart was beating so loudly.

"He has stabbed a classmate almost to death," said Yoongi looking Taehyung straight in the eyes.

Taehyung's breath was short, his hands trembling so badly he moved them underneath his thighs.

"If I were you, I'd listen to Jungkook's version first. Only then you can have the whole picture."

Yoongi got up from behind his desk walking towards the window looking outside when Taehyung was sitting there feeling so messed up.

"I would listen to his reasons first before falling any judgment," muttered Yoongi when Taehyung got up walking out of the room as there was suddenly no air to breath with in there.

"Sorry but cousin Jungkook won't come to see you," Jovi had closed the door in front of his nose last evening when Taehyung had made all the way to Mr. Namjoon's house after finishing work.

Since the conversation with Mr. Yoongi life had become even more miserable, as it was suddenly guilt residing inside Taehyung, giving him the absolute certainty he had fucked up big time.

Jungkook was so broken after Jimin's death, was definitely doing a huge sacrifice allowing him to come so close, to even kiss when he still wasn't so ready to let go of his beloved boyfriend, yet must have felt something special to let Taehyung behind his walls when him, biggest idiot ever had thrown it all away because of what, Hwajo gossiping about something Taehyung should have heard from Jungkook only, if he would ever be ready to tell him.

"I'm such an idiot," whispered Taehyung to himself for the hundredth time today while walking around Mrs. Lee's shop to look for a nice card.

He decided to write Jungkook a letter, give it Jovi and ask to pass it though.

The shop door opened causing the tiny bell above to sound and Taehyung to turn around to see Mr. Namjoon walking in assisted by Jungkook.

 Namjoon walking in assisted by Jungkook

Thank you so much for your love. Did you like the chapter? What do you think about Yoongi speaking to Tae? Will Taehyung find a way to apologize?

Much <3