45. My Kookie

"I can't tell," he whispered

"You can't tell, because what, you have been setting the restaurant on fire," hissed the mehor.

"I've told you I didn't!" Jungkook raised his voice.

"So where have you been last night?"

Jungkook's face was ghostly pale but he was shaking his head looking at Taehyung then back at the mehor.

Taehyung's whole body like filled with pins and needles, his heart pounding so loudly it was almost leaving his chest, so Jungkook wanted to protect his secret, wanted his parents and all those old fashioned people here to never find out about his sexuality and he was ready to even take an unfair punishment for that.

While it was him always afraid of other's judgement, of showing his preferences proudly like he should have had for years.

"I can't tell," repeated Jungkook his voice cracking,

"If that isn't proof enough, you have no alibi," the mehor hit the table top when Taehyung jumped up.

"He has been in the lighthouse all night," he said grabbing everyone's full attention.

"What?" The mehor was so stunned he lost that confident expression. "Wh-what would he do in the lighthouse, it's an empty ruin."

"Taehyung..." Jungkook's eyes were beginning, his lips moving noiselessly but Taehyung left the bench walking towards Jungkook with his head raised proudly.

"He has been in the lighthouse all night with me," Taehyung was speaking calmly reaching Jungkook, giving him a reassuring smile.

"Why would you two be in the lighthouse all alone all night?" The mehor's voice was faint.

"Because he's my Kookie and I love him," muttered Taehyung oclosing his hand on Jungkook's palm.

He saw Mr. Yoongi's eyes lighting up with realization.

"What nonsense is that!" Shouted the mehor. "Taehyung you don't need to lie to protect that boy! Are you all insane!"

"I'm not lying, last night we have sneaked out of the party to get intimate," Taehyung's face was burning but he was smiling watching Jungkook only caressing over his face.

Someone shouted and collapsed when Taehyung jumped from Jungkook seeing his mum losing consciousness.

"Mum," he whispered but the local doctor was already hurrying her way.

"So it has been someone else, setting the restaurant on fire," muttered Mr. Yoongi.

"Yoongi are you buying this story?" The mehor was so frustrated by now.

"Taehyung and Jungkook are a couple, besides Taehyung is my best worker and one of the most honest and kind people I've ever met. I believe Taehyung," Mr. Yoongi's eyes laid on his reassuring him he won't allow anyone to harm Jungkook.

"But... but, who had a motive?" The mehor was looking around the shocked crowd, but Taehyung saw Hwajo jumping from his seat hurrying towards the door.

"Hwajo why are you in such a hurry all of the sudden?" Asked Mr. Yoongi when the man stopped turning their way, his whole body trembling.

All the dots connected in Taehyung's head so suddenly, of course Hwajo hated them so much, he had tried to bring him to hate Jungkook once and he hated Mr. Yoongi as he was always yelled at for his laziness, and the night before the party Mr. Yoongi had decided to fire him, so in the act of frustration he had spread fire over everything they loved.

"It's not what you're doing when I'm telling you to leave. You have deserved being fired," Mr. Yoongi was serious looking at Hwajo only.

"Kiss my ass," hissed the man. "Now you can't fire anyone anymore and your favorite Taehyung also has nowhere to work. This is what you deserve you filthy piece of shit!"

The officers hurried to Hwajo catching him as he was throwing his fists towards Mr. Yoongi when Taehyung closed Jungkook in his arms, so relieved.

"You're safe Kookie," he whispered into Jungkook's ear.

"What about your mum and dad, all the people, now everyone knows that you're gay."

"And? I'm proud of my sexuality and my amazing man, I love you," Taehyung pecked Jungkook's lips ignoring the crowd, they should freaking know Jungkook was his only.

There was a whole mess in the room, officers arresting Hwajo, Patricia getting through to Yoongi to hug him as tightly as Taehyung was holding Jungkook and he once again saw how stupid he had been being so jealous, as they were amazing together, as much in love as he and his boyfriend.

"Cousin Kookie," a tiny voice disturbed the moment when Mr. Namjoon and the kids reached them. Jungkook let go off Taehyung lifting Yun who was still sobbing into his shirt.

"It's ok princess, I'm staying here, no one is taking me away. Thank you for defending me like a real hero," Jungkook kissed her forehead cuddling her gently and Taehyung realized he will have to lead a small battle to get Yun's agreement on letting her beloved cousin Kookie to go with him to the city, but he couldn't blame her at all.

"Thank you Taehyung," Namjoon's hand landed on his shoulder firmly.

"Anything for my boyfriend, Mr. Namjoon you have my word I will always be there for him and defend him no matter what."

Namjoon nodded when Jungkook's cheeks became purple. Taehyung knew he hated being overwhelmed by affection, yet what could they do, Jungkook was so lovable.

"Mr. Jeon," the mehor approached then with his head low. "I guess I owe you an apology."

"You owe an apology to Yun, Nathan and Jovi," said Jungkook when the mehor's face became even more troubled.

"I will do my best to repay your family for all what has happened," he nodded awkwardly before passing them and leaving the room quickly.

"Taehyung, I guess you should take care of your mum now," Jungkook nudged his head so Taehyung sighed.

He was taken aback by the emotions so eager to rescue his Kookie, that he completely forgot he will have to face his parents later.

"Wish me luck," Taehyung took a loud breath in walking towards the bench where his mother was sitting, the doctor and Taehyung's father still assisting her.

The silence was scary, but there was no way around it now.

"Mum, how are you feeling?" Asked Taehyung awkwardly placing his hands in his pockets.

Thank you so much for your support. Did you enjoy the chapter? What do you think about Tae telling everyone about his sexuality to defend Jungkook? What will his parents tell him?

I'm actually really thrilled to share the climax of the book with you, the next chapters will be a roller coaster ride.

Much <3