5. Red roses of the past

"If I say Yun can get ice cream, she can't!" uncle Namjoon's fist hit the table top

It was around midnight, they have come back from that awkward family dinner in some noble restaurant, where the young handsome waiter he has bumped into this afternoon was going insane from embarrassment while serving them. Wasn't he the same boy Jungkook has seen falling from the horse the night he had come here?

"I'm sorry uncle it won't happen again," Jungkook lowered his head, he shouldn't push on uncle's button's it was too risky. It has been a miracle uncle had allowed him to stay here, had arranged a room for him in the restaurant's basement with Mr. Yoongi to allow Jungkook to train and let out his anger and pain.

Uncle was definitely sure it had been the death of his parents and that one act of madness still bothering him, or the long resocialization process in the Delinquent's School. It seemed that uncle had called them in the morning to find out if Jungkook really was harmless enough to keep him here under one roof with three children.

"Is it all?" Asked Jungkook walking towards the front door with his guitar and a blanket.

"Don't wake the children up," said uncle.

"I will play quietly," Jungkook was tense.

His mind triggered by the late hour, the full moonlight, the tiredness and the waiter boy's sharp stare bringing back memories he couldn't dive into, he couldn't, as allowing them to come to the surface meant drowning in them, meant dying from pain.

"Jungkook, I know it has been a rough couple of years for you. Since that has happened to my sister and her beloved husband I also can't find peaceful sleep."

"You have no idea uncle," whispered Jungkook opening the door then walking outside to not to have that conversation.

Losing his parents was hard enough, yet bearable, but losing Jimin...

He leaned against the barrier of the porch watching the garden in the soft moonlight taking in deep breaths to not to yell from pain.

The images of the red roses he had put on Jimin's coffin blurring out in tears that stared to roll down his cheeks. Those images cut by the memory of Jimin's soft hands on his body, the distant almost forgotten taste of his lips.

Jungkook was sobbing like a kid fishing Jimin's photo out of his pocket caressing over it. The only image of his love he had left. What would he do to see Jimin one more time, at least for a second. Everything, freaking everything and more.

A warm hand landed on his back rubbing it, uncle said nothing, but he was standing there gently caressing up and down his back.

"Jovi! Hey can I help you with that," Taehyung approached the boy who was washing Amethyst, the beautiful racing horse a rich owner was keeping in the stable.