49. Hourglass

Yun was wearing her pajama, holding her rabbit underneath her arm

"Cousin Kookie where are you going, dad, Nathan and Jovi are out, please don't leave me all alone here, I'm scared."

Jungkook's heart was bleeding, shouting, screaming, banging against his chest when he crouched down to touch her palms.

"You have En and Um, besides dad will be right back."

"Cousin Kookie why are you crying?" Her voice cracked.

"I'm not crying, I... I have to go Yun and I will not come back."

Her chin trembled so her caressed over her face.

"Where do you want to go cousin Kookie?"

"To Jimin, I will meet my Jimin tonight."

Her eyes filled with fear.

"Isn't it amazing, I'm going to see him, to hold him in my arms."

"Don't go like mum," big tears rolled down Yun's cheeks, Jungkook caressed off with his thumbs.

"I will say hi to your mum too, ok. I really have to go now, Jimin is waiting for me, but you can't tell anyone where I went - not dad, not your brothers, not papa not even people from the police. Can you promise me that."

Yun nodded between big sobs.

"Cousin Kookie don't go," she clung to him.

"I love you little Yun, always will. I will take care of you form up there promise. Now I need to go, Jimin is waiting," Jungkook let go of her walking toward the door turning one last time to catch her tears filled face. "And please remember our deal, you can't tell anyone where I went."

His hand pressed the doorknob, the chilly air fell inside with some cold wind and the sound of the ocean roaring.

"What about Taehyung?"

Yun's question hit him like an arrow pointed straight at his heart.

"Tell Taehyung that he has been the best what has ever happened to me and that I... goodbye Yun," Jungkook walked outside slamming the door shut inhaling sharply.

What did his stupid mind wanted to tell? He began to walk, to silence those stupid words that almost slipped again.

"Taehyung why are you crying?" his mum stopped above him when Taehyung had been sitting on the stairs in his house all troubled.

He was trying to reach Jungkook by calling and texting but had received no answer for hours now.

"I'm worried about Jungkook mum."

"What happened?" She sat down next to him.

"I don't know, but that feeling inside me says something really really bad has happened. I'm scared."

"Have you called him?"

"Yes, not picking up, not answering calls, not even Nr. Namjoon is answering," Taehyung sighed throwing the phone on the step beside himself.

"Have you two argued?"

"No mum," Taehyung bit his lip, his jaw suddenly trembled, tears began to roll down his cheeks.

"Taehyung, you can speak to me about it. Have you broken up?"

Taehyung shook his head.

He was sitting in silence playing with his sleeve considering it.

"Mum he has received some news today, I don't know."

She was calm caressing his calf trying to give him reassurance she's here for him no matter what.

"His ex boyfriend has committed suicide and for the past year he has believed it has been murder. He almost killed a person because of it and now it turns out Jimin has done it to himself. Mum, I'm scared, I'm honestly frightened, because I don't know what Jungkook will do now."

Their eyes met, her becoming so worried.

"Taehyung, maybe you need to give him time to deal with it, but if you want we can go to Namjoon's house now to check on him."

Taehyung sighed, maybe Jungkook really needed his time to deal with the shock and grief.

"Maybe you're right mum, maybe if he won't answer we will check on him in the morning."

She nodded taking Taehyung hand sending him a smile when a door upstairs banged.

"Dad!" Taehyung looked at his father who fell out into the corridor his face ghostly pale.

"Namjoon is calling, he wants to speak with you!"

The blood began to beat in Taehyung's skull when he grabbed the phone his father stretched out towards him.

"Mr. Namjoon what happened?"

"Jungkook isn't here, Yun is in a terrible state crying, she has seen him leaving but doesn't want to tell where he went. Please tell me he's with you."

"He isn't, wasn't responding calls, I'm on my way to yours," Taehyung ran down grabbing his jacket and the car keys, jumping into the car in his house shoes, slamming the gas to drive off with tires squealing.

The knife in his pocket seemed heavier with each step when Jungkook crossed the main  village street hurrying towards the restaurant. The building all dark, almost completely devastated. No one was coming here and it will definitely take days for anyone to find him in the basement so it was the perfect spot to do what he needed to do. Taehyung will search the lighthouse, the stable, not the restaurant, he will need hours to find out Jungkook has stolen the key Mr. Yoongi has given to the boy, when Taehyung had been holding him from demolishing Hoseok earlier today.

The moonlight was faint, yet it reminded Jungkook of that night when him and Jimin had danced in Mr. So's class, that night when he has had Jimin for the very first time, his body reacting brings back memories of the top of the lighthouse, Taehyung's body covered in moonlight, so Jungkook stopped hearing the ashes crunching underneath his shoes.

Don't think about Taehyung he reminded himself turning from the descending moon, finding the keyhole in the darkness, struggling with the lock for minutes before opening it.

Thank you so much for your support. What do you think about the chapter, about Jungkook going to the restaurant and Taehyung worrying about him? Will Tae be able to find him?

Much <3