36. The core of a black hole

The pillars were casing long shades Jungkook hid into, to take a few heavy breaths, his body suddenly giving in a few seconds prior to fulfilling his scary mission

"For Jimin," he thought jumping to the door knocking hard, but the lock sounded.

Hoseok was pale like a ghost, wearing a bathrobe over his pajamas.

"Jungkook are you crazy to come here that late! You will wake up my parents!" Hoseok raised his voice.

Jungkook muttered something indecipherable pushing through the door into the house.

"Ok, ok come into the living room, just make it quick," Hoseok sighed closing the door.

The sound of it falling shut was like the last drop overfilling a dam to let out destruction loose. Jungkook's blood boiled, he walked into the living room squeezing the knife harder so it won't slip out of his sweaty hand.

"Jungkook, I believe there's something you need to know, I..."

Hoseok couldn't ever finish the sentence as Jungkook turned abruptly pushing him off his feet onto the carpet, climbing on his body to raise the knife and hit with whole impact.

Hoseok was so stunned by the sudden attack his cry came with a delay so Jungkook showed his other hand into his mouth while hitting him back with the knife, stabbing and stabbing, Hoseok's inhuman cries ringing the night, his blood everywhere, on Jungkook's arms, hands, face, in his hair.

"Put that down or I'll kill you!" A male voice came and Jungkook looked up.

A woman was screaming terribly, a man, Hoseok's father holding a hunter gun pointing at his head.

"Kill me!" hissed Jungkook.

The gun was trembling in Hoseok's father's hand, his mother still howling while sliding down a wall.

"Kill me! What are you waiting for! Kill me, please, release me from the pain..." begged Jungkook but the man lowered the gun when heavy steps came.

The guards of the neighborhood coming in to knock him down painfully, to kick the knife out of his hand.

There was an uproar, sirens sounding closer, a lot of social services coming in.

Medical stuff running to Hoseok, police officers handcuffing him. Jungkook wasn't even fighting, obedient to anything they were up to, he hasn't planned to continue on living or to survive it anyway. He was just hoping Hoseok will die as he deserved.

Hoseok's father looking at him with such a frightening expression when the policemen were leading him out.

"You should have killed me," whispered Jungkook towards the man.

His clothes soaked with Hoseok's blood that was smelling terribly, like the horror of the night.

There was the same detective looking at him with so much regret standing outside.

"Boy that is the last thing you should have done," he said but Jungkook ignored jumping into the arrest car without sparing the detective a second glance.

The inside of that metal box was so scary. Jungkook was sitting still thought, his body in some fever, his mind in extreme pain.

He has been transported to the state prison, the officers told him to strip off everything so Jungkook took Jimin's photo out of his pocket carefully to not to stain it with Hoseok's blood.

"You can do whatever you like to all my belongings, but please don't destroy or lose this, it's the only important thing I have," he looked at the officers seriously.

The men said nothing telling him to strip completely. They searched him, pushed him to a nasty looking shower where he washed the blood off quickly. It still seemed to be there though, staining his skin like an invisible layer when he dressed up into the jail uniform, stretched his hands out for the handcuffs then was led to a hearing room.

The detective has already been there looking at him with the same troubled expression.

"Why have you done it?" He asked when Jungkook was staring at the table top, the fever in his body still significant.

"Is he dead?" Asked Jungkook quietly.

"Not yet, there's a possibility he might survive it," said the detective keeping his stare as if giving him a challenge.

Why was he suddenly the monster here while it has been Hoseok, the one who had killed Jimin without a reason, sweet, innocent angel Jimin, only a real monster could lie his hands on someone so beautiful and pure.

"I hope he will die soon," said Jungkook looking the detective in the eyes.

"I know you are in terrible mental state after your boyfriend's death, but son you are barely seventeen, you had your whole future ahead."

"I don't care," Jungkook was calm.

"You will spend years in jail," the detective was looking at him deadly seriously.

"My life is over anyway, so I don't care about what will happen to me. One day I will see him again in a better world, until then I'm as good as dead."

The detective sighed, he was standing there watching Jungkook considering something heavily.

"You will be placed in a delinquent's school where you will undergo resocialization and mental treatment," he said as if settling something up with himself. "I will speak to the court about it, and remember that chance I am giving you now is your last chance, so don't fuck up."

Jungkook felt goosebumps appearing on his skin when the detective nodded towards the mirror wall. Two officers hurried through the door to lift Jungkook off his chair and lead him towards a prison cell he was locked in.

The next day he has been transported to the delinquent's school, given a tiny room with the young tattoo artist Denis, to get up early everyday, work hard cleaning streets and building roads in the mountains, meeting the psychotherapist every Monday and Friday to sit in total silence and answer irrelevant questions like "Do you regret attacking your classmate?" for his answer to invariably be - "I wish I have killed him," and so it continued a whole year until the heads of the facility have told him he can return to living in the society, dismissed into that cruel illogical world that has once broke him.

"I was standing in front of the station with just one address I could go to...

Thank you so much for your support. I know it has been a difficult chapter but let me know your thoughts on it. How do you think Taehyung will react to Jungkook's story?

Much <3