16. Facing fear

Taehyung's heart began to beat fast, he was watching Jungkook trying to process those words

"What do you mean dead, as in dead."

"Yes dead. Killed," Jungkook closed his eyes as if trying to surpass tears.

"Oh," Taehyung had no idea what to tell.

"It has been a year but it still hurts equally much, everyday," Jungkook opened his eyes looking for something in his pocket stretching it out towards Taehyung who noticed a photo of a beautiful young man with bright eyes, huge lips and fine blonde hair, he looked like some royalty, like a prince.

"This is Jimin," whispered Jungkook taking the photo back caressing over it.

Taehyung stayed silent his body messed up by the heaviness of Jungkook's story, emphaty and some hidden jealousy.

"We met in the art school over two years ago, he was the prettiest boy I've ever seen, my heart said wow immediately. He approached me during my first week, introduced to his friends. We had been inseparable sharing so many secrets, our passion to dance. He was a contemporary dancer, so deeply talented, looking like a star sent from heaven while dancing. He has been my first, first boyfriend, first physical experiences. I thought we will grow old together, I thought..." sudden tears rolled down Jungkook's cheek so he used his slave to wash them away. "Losing my parents hurt tons, but losing Jimin... I still can't believe I will never see him again. And I'm in a never ending winter night wishing so badly for the first spring day to come."

New tears were staining Jungkook's face when Taehyung stretched his trembling hands out closing them around the boy. Jungkook just scooped to him hiding his face in the crack of his neck sobbing uncontrollably. Taehyung was holding him, caressing down his back as there was nothing else he could do besides being here.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook pulled back a moment later washing his face clean with his sleeves. "Speaking about it, it cracks me open."

Taehyung only nodded still caressing over Jungkook's back.

"And sometimes I don't know how to continue, if there's even a point in continuing but I have promised Jimin I will not give up, so I'm fighting day by day to not to give in. I was thinking about killing myself for so many times, but I'm carrying on for Jimin," Jungkook was speaking between smaller sobs. "So I can not kiss you, it wouldn't be fair towards you or Jimin if I kissed you."

They're eyes met when Taehyung nodded still keeping his hand on Jungkook's back.

"I get..." he had no idea how to finish the sentence so he just left it there.

"So, when this is explained I wanted to convince you to go and talk to Mr. Yoongi as openly and honestly as I did to you today," Jungkook was still watching him intensively when Taehyung jumped back.

"Are you crazy! I can't see Mr. Yoongi, never again."

"Taehyung, go speak to him, tell him honestly that you need this work as it's your only option to leave this village and go to college. Just explain yourself, he has to listen to it."

"No I can't. Do you understand I have kissed him, how do you expect me to talk to him?"

"You have almost kissed me yet we're here talking normally. A kiss isn't such a big deal. It only matters a lot in the right circumstances." Jungkook was talking calmly, his puffy cried out face so sweet Taehyung wished to caress his cheeks but knew he will never do that.

"Maybe you're right. It's worth a try," he looked over the ocean.

If Jungkook had the courage to come to him and speak about their almost kiss, about Jimin and his reasons to pull back, he could possibly face Mr. Yoongi.

"Ok, I'll go to him right away, if by any chance he won't fire me I will make it to the evening shift." Taehyung sighed getting up.

"Taehyung fighting! I'm keeping my fingers crossed," Jungkook sent him a faint smile.

"I will need it," Taehyung had no other option, but to smile back.

Damn, Jungkook was so pretty.

"Look who's here," Jin raised his brow when Taehyung slipped though the backdoor into the main restaurant floor. "You're awfully late Kim Taehyung, five hours and 47 minutes," Jin pointed at the huge clock.

"Is Mr. Yoongi here?" Taehyung felt his breath becoming short from nervousness.

He had returned home just to change into the black elegant pants and the white shirt he was always wearing underneath the apron - his waiter's uniform.

"He's upstairs, I hope you have a brilliant excuse, he's not in the mood today," Jin winked.

Taehyung sighed taking the stairs up with a heavy heart. Be brave like Jungkook, he was telling himself, the memory of Jungkook's precious smile the only force keeping him from running.

Why had he kissed Mr. Yoongi and not Jungkook? Because it didn't matter, Jungkook would have reacted the same way. Mr. Yoongi was engaged to Patricia, Jungkook loved Jimin, although Jimin was dead.

Taehyung barely noticed that he has stopped in front of his boss's door, waking up from those deep thoughts. His palm froze above the wooden surface when he was collecting courage to knock, but the door opened abruptly causing him to scoop back.

"Taehyung!"

"Mr. Yoongi," Taehyung bowed ninety degrees.

 Yoongi," Taehyung bowed ninety degrees

Thank you so much for your support. I hope you liked the chapter. What do you think about Jungkook's story and Taehyung trying to cheer him up? How will Taehyung's meeting with Yoongi go? Will he rescue his job?

Much <3