20. Big news

Uncle's family was still sound asleep so it was easy for Jungkook to just reach the attic and pack his few belongings

Uncle's family was still sound asleep so it was easy for Jungkook to just reach the attic and pack his few belongings. Should he leave a letter to uncle, thank him for the hospitality? Yet he decided against it.
Cold sweats were bringing his body to shivers, still just a few moments later Jungkook was sneaking downstairs with the guitar and the backpack.

"Cousin Kookie!"

He nearly crushed off the stairs hearing that little voice.

"Yun, you've scared me to death."

"Cousin Kookie what are you doing?" Yun was watching him with big eyes while squeezing her favorite plush rabbit.

"Um," Jungkook sighed, he couldn't just tell Yun he's leaving without making her cry.

The past weeks he has been reading her stories or singing goodnight songs, smuggling some of her favorite pink ice cream over from Mrs. Lee's shop. Of course she wouldn't understand why he needed to go, explaining that was pointless.

"I was just putting my stuff downstairs, I'm going for a trip today," muttered Jungkook feeling so guilty for lying.

"Yun, why aren't you sleep... Jungkook!"

Uncle left his bedroom fixing his glasses looking at them perplexed. Great, Jungkook sighed. Now he will need to explain his plan as it took uncle one stare at his backpack to put two and two together.

"Yun go to sleep, it's still early and I need to talk with cousin Kookie seriously," uncle's tone was carrying a threat.

"Ok, see you soon cousin Kookie and a have a good trip later," Yun waved before jumping to her room closing the door.

Namjoon's eyes rested on Jungkook who wished to disappear.

"I have to go, thank you for everything you have done for me I will always be grateful," Jungkook bowed slightly starting to walk down the stairs.

"Not so quickly young man!" Uncle's tone made him stop.

Jungkook lowered his head turning towards the living room falling on a chair.

"Where do you think you will go. You have no one to go to, no money for the way," uncle stopped above his chair.

"I can find work to earn," Jungkook wasn't looking at Namjoon.

"Where will you stay until you find work."

"I have a friend, he has been in delinquent's school with me. I mean I don't know his address but I might find him."

"Do you hear yourself boy?" Uncle crossed his hands.

"I know the plan sucks, but... I can't stay here." Jungkook was stuttering, speaking as quietly as possible for uncle to not to hear.

"And why is it? Why can't you stay here? What is the thing you're missing under my roof?"

"It's not about you or you family. You guys are angels, keeping me from drowning, but..." Jungkook bit his lower lip trying to find the best words. "It's about me."

"About you?" Namjoon was still watching him deadly seriously.

"Yes, about me. There's a reason, but I can't talk about it."

"What reason?"

"Uncle."

"You give me that reason or I'm calling your curator and you can go straight from this house back to jail."

Jungkook trembled, the last thing he wanted was to be locked up again, it has been unbearable.

"I... um.. um..." he stuttered. "I love Taehyung," Jungkook covered his mouth. "I mean... I... don't... that..."

"Boy," uncle frowned. "Go upstairs, get a good rest, you need it," uncle's hand landed on his shoulder.

"B-but I need to leave today."

"Jungkook, you can go whenever you like no one will hold you here against your will, but I will encourage you to visit the restaurant one last time before leaving and to speak to him."

Jungkook shook his head miserably, what uncle was asking him for was impossible.

"Imagine how you would feel in someone you like so much just disappeared without a single explanation. How would you feel?"

Jungkook raised his head staring at uncle with widely opened eyes.

"I believe Taehyung deserves better than that." Namjoon turned around walking out of the room leaving Jungkook with just the sound of the wooden clock ticking and that deep hollow inside him present.

"Mr. Yoongi has big news!" Gwooguon ran out of the kitchen tapping Taehyung's shoulder.

It was still half an hour till opening hours and Mr. Yoongi has come early dressed up like for a fine lunch.

The workers were all leaving their duties hurrying upstairs to the office. There was Mr. Yoongi there standing behind the desk, his face cheerful.

"I'm glad to see all of you," Yoongi smiled when everyone crowded up in the office.

Taehyung stopped at the back, he wasn't feeling well the whole morning. There were too many bitter thoughts troubling him since yesterday afternoon.

"I have an announcement, the restaurant will be closed for visitors on September 27th."

"Do we have a vocation or a fishing trip!" asked Jin breaking out into mad laughter.

Yoongi ignored his lame joke waiting till most of the workers will stop giggling.

"The restaurant will be closed because of a wedding taking place in here," Yoongi waited what impact his words will make.

"But, who's wedding, we never reserve the house for weddings no matter how much money all those celebrities are proposing," said the chef when Taehyung's heart began to bang uncontrollably.

"This time we will do an exception as it's me and Patricia celebrating our wedding here and all of you are invited," Yoongi smiled widely when it became dark in front of Taehyung's eyes, he grabbed the nearing wall to not to fall.

"Congratulations! Mr. Yoongi!" The workers were storming to Yoongi but Taehyung crouched down catching in heavy breaths.

"Taehyung are you ok?" Gwooguon stopped above him.

"I'm not feeling ok, sorry," Taehyung got up walking out.

Thank you so much for your feedback. Did you enjoy the chapter? What do you think about Namjoon reasoning Jungkook and Jungkook's word slip? What about Taehyung's reaction to Yoongi's wedding? What will he do?

Much <3